Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Tattoo.

choicetattoo.gnux.us/421
I have not yet gotten a tattoo, but I am seriously thinking of getting some. I believe that a tattoo should not be gotten on the spur of the moment, they should be thought out and should have a reason. My opinion only. A tattoo [to me] is like a scar, when you look and see that tattoo, it should remind [me] of why I got it and what it represents. I have been thinking a lot about what I want to get. I do know that I want to get the words "...dance in the rain" on my right hand on my thumb line going to my wrist. With a heart marking the end. And on my left wrist in really tiny pretty print the word hope. I have my reasons why I want those, but what I really would like to get is a side tattoo.

I have a lot of friends who have beautiful artwork on their bodies; some who have scary things inked on them, and some who have beautiful creations. I also have friends who have regretted a tattoo, and actually some who was fortunate enough to have enough money to laser remove it. But for my friends who didn't have the money to do that, they were stuck with a memory on their body. I don't want that to happen to me. So I really want to think about it.

My dad has a tattoo. I was seriously thinking of getting a "girl/daughter" version of his to cover my right forearm [where his is], but I don't really know for sure. So I know that I will wait on that. My dad got his when he was a teenager, and he is one of the unfortunate ones who was doing his "for fun" and he wants to get rid of it, but for some reason he doesn't want to part with it. [Confusing, yeah, I know!]

I am not yet sure if I will go through with my tattoo, but maybe one day, I'll be posting up my pictures of my tattoos up. But I want to make sure that it's what I really want and not something just because.

"A tattoo is a true poetic creation, and is always more than meets the eye.  As a tattoo is grounded on living skin, so its essence emotes a poignancy unique to the mortal human condition."  ~V. Vale and Andrea Juno, Modern Primitives