Friday, January 21, 2011

Rainbows.

This week was a pretty hard week so I'm glad that it's finally Friday. I pretty much put being a wedding/event designer & decorator on hold for right now. But for the weekends if I could help out, I will. It was a really hard decision, and I don't know right now if it was even the best decision. So right now, being a preschool teacher aid is what I'm concentrating on. Monday was a holiday which made Tuesday feel like a Monday, but I'm not complaining because it was a short week.

The weather was crazy. Cold and raining one day, blazing hot the next, then gloomy and windy. It's like a woman's mind, always changing! *laughs* On the day that it was blazing hot, that morning was pretty cool...and you couldn't even tell at that early morning hour that it was going to be blazing hot. One thing I loved though, was the dampness in the air created a beautiful rainbow in the sky as I walked to school. It was just right there smiling at me as I walked down the driveway. The rainbow was so clear and stretched a long way. The best part was when I got to the school and was walking up to it, I looked in the other direction and there were two rainbows. So beautiful. I loved it and it made me smile.

Rainbows are beautiful and they always make me smile when I see one. Here in Hawaii there are always rainbows. Sometimes multiple rainbows at one time too...and I've never seen that before anywhere else. It's so beautiful and one of natures wonderful presents to humankind, if only we take the time from our busy schedule to look up and enjoy it.

I never want to get to that point in life where I am so busy that I can't even stop to see what is happening around me.; to notice the things that make me smile; a place where I lose my child-like wonder. I have to honestly say that is one thing that I do like about my personality that I do have this child-like wonder and I still enjoy the simple things in life that I see so many grown up's take for granted. Rainbows being one of them.

When things get so hard, when life is a struggle to get through, when the world seems to be laughing and playing jokes on you, instead of looking down, I will try to look up and notice the rainbows that I do have. It will be hard, but it will be worth it.

"And when it rains on your parade, look up rather than down. Without the rain, there would be no rainbow." - Gilbert K. Chesterton