Sunday, January 16, 2011

Floating.

Whenever I'm stuck in a very hectic, very stressful, very anxiety-filled situation, I always think of my "happy place" and this place is in the water-the clear, warm, ocean water- with the sun shining down on me, blue sky, and with my eyes closed. Well, I shouldn't say in the water, but rather, floating half on top of the water, half slightly submerged, with the waves rocking me gently. Somewhere in a place where no one knows, no one exists [but me], and no problems to bog me down.

This has always been my "happy place" for as long as I could remember, even before I moved to Hawaii. And I think that it's pretty cool that I can actually, literally go to my "happy place" now...but for those times when I can't, I just close my eyes and I'm there. 

There is something about floating in the ocean, where your buoyancy is really high, that really calms me and helps me refocus on where I'm going in life. It's a feeling of total relaxation. It's me trusting the water to carry me not only physically but also mentally and emotionally.  A place where I can just trust everything too for just a moment, and just float there. 

"I don't understand people who like to work and talk about it like it was some sort of goddamn duty. Doing nothing feels like floating on warm water to me. Delightful, perfect."-Ava Gardner