Saturday, January 22, 2011

Naptime.

"Time flies when you're having fun." I think what should be added to that fun little quote is, "...and when you are sleeping." When I laid my head down for a "quick nap" at 3:30pm, I was surprised to open my eyes to the numbers 6:57pm on my cell phone! What really woke me up was how dark it was in my room! I'm one of those people who can sleep when it's NOT pitch dark and if there is light in the room [yes, I sleep with a nightlight!], because I actually wake up if it turns "pitch black." And so that is what woke me up, the darkness of my room!

I can go through the day without a nap. That doesn't mean that if presented with an opportunity to take a nap, especially around 2 o'clock!, I wouldn't grab it, but for the most part my body can go through a day without a subconscious intervention at some random time of the day. BUT come  Saturday, it's like after my lunch has had its time to settle, my body just craves for a nap. Yes, it does! It craves for it! And I am guilty to succumbing to that craving-ness and take a nap.

My own personal opinion?! I think that everyone should have a that choice whether or not to take a nap for at least 40-45 minutes. It's that extra push for us to get through the day without feeling so tired or groggy. I know that we have a 15 minute break in the morning, but in the afternoon we should also have one and work places should have a "room" or something where we can lay our head down to grab a much needed "pick-me-up" nap.

Yes, even though this nap felt really good, and I'm glad that I was able to take a nap, I felt like I wasted most of my day. *laughs* Next time I will definitely use an alarm to wake me up at a timely hour.

"No day is so bad it can't be fixed with a nap."-Carrie Snow