Sunday, January 9, 2011

Believe.

Friday, as I was about to walk out of the door to go do zumba with my friend, my phone rings. It's an "unknown" number, so I wonder if I should even pick up the phone. I pick up...and guess what?! It was the preschool that I had interviewed for the other day! They were wanting me to come in for a second interview! At first I was so anxious and nervous...because was that a good or bad thing?! The second interview?!

So, I called my friend and asked her if we could meet up later, and I explained to her why. She was super excited for me and said that it WAS a good thing! So I went back into my closet to figure out what to wear. All this time, though, my mind was working and thinking and trying to analyze every possible situation that could happen.

"Sorry we can not hire you as a teacher" were the first words out of the interviewer's mouth after the initial greeting. My heart fell, but I'm pretty sure I didn't show the disappointment in my face. Then Charlotte [the interviewer] smiled really big told me that they were willing to open a teacher's aid position and hire me as a teacher's aid. Then she went on to say that she would like  to bump me up as a teacher in August, if that was okay with me. Turns out she had already hired a person for the job that I was seeking for, but she wanted me on team coz she liked my "naturally smiling face"...which she kept repeating over and over, again and again! Weird. Awkward. Uhm...oh okay. But hey, it's my "naturally smiling face" that pulled in my favor! I start tomorrow. So, yes, I am excited.

Later that day, I met up with my Ohana for our weekly Friday family nights. This time it was at Magic Island near Ala Moana Beach in Waikiki. A lot of people ended up showing up. And I had a lot of fun talking and meeting a lot of people.

Saturday was a good day as well. I met up with my friends and since our marine friend was going to be going to the Big Island for 3 weeks, we went out and played Miniature Golf in Kaneohe...and it was SO MUCH FUN! Super fun...! I love my friends. Oh yeah, I can't forget, we always go to the beach first though. I guess that is our Saturday thing, after church, we go to the beach. And then I found out that my favorite shave ice place was open again [they were remodeling the place for the longest time!] and so we went to Island Snow to get our shave ice and went miniature golfing and then hung out at Tracy and Kaleo's house. So much fun...I love my friends.

Sunday. I have so much to do, so I will start doing all those "so much to do" things!

"I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happiest girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles." -Audrey Hepburn