Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Swinging.

http://www.free-extras.com/images/swings-1696.htm
I love the swings. For as far back as I can remember I have always loved swinging on the swings or in the hammock. My favorite playground place to play was on the swings. I love that feeling of flying and just rocking back and forth and back and forth. Sometimes when I close my eyes it really does feel like flying.

I remember when I was still in the Philippines, and I would lay down in a hammock to read a book, I always ended up falling asleep! I remember in my first year of college, right in front of my dorm, there was a swing...and I would just sit on that swing for a moment and just relax from all the stress. I remember when I was in elementary, our school had the bomb swing set and I would love swinging on them every recess.

www.zenmocha.com/images/hammock
I think it was from those elementary years that I started to love swinging. I have never seen another set of swings like that ever again. They have long since torn it down and built a new play ground because the "old" one didn't have the new requirements that playgrounds need now, and every time I go there [which is very rarely] to visit with my old teachers or go to my niece or nephew's program, I would sadly look to where those swings where and take my walk down memory lane.

Each day, while I'm waiting for the last child to be picked up by their parent, I sit on the swing and just go back and forth, back and forth on the swings and it makes me smile, because even though I'm already an adult, I can still enjoy the simple pleasures of "flying" through the air on the swings.

farm3.static.flickr.com/2778
"The best kind of friend is the kind you can sit on a porch swing with, never say a word, then walk away feeling like it was the best conversation that you ever had."