Thursday, January 13, 2011

Pleasant Surprise.

I think the reason why I'm so scared to get in a bf/gf relationship is because I'm too scared to mess up that friendship if it doesn't work out. It has happened before and I don't want it to happen again. But, again, it's all a risk. I know that I could never date a guy if I wasn't his friend first, so eventually I will have to do it again.

I dated this guy awhile back. He's my best friend, and I remember when he "lovingly" forced me to talk about our feelings for each other, I was so against of changing our "best friend" status to "boyfriend/girlfriend" status, coz I told him "I don't ever want to be your 'ex' anything!" *laughs* But we both came to the same conclusion, we would never know if we never tried. We like to do crazy things together, and that is like "our motto" "You never know if you don't try"...food, doing something daring, anything...so we kind of tried it out. We got together. We had a good two years together, but long distance took it's toll, and even though we were both pretty sure that we could have done it, it was the wrong time.

I believe that the right thing at the wrong time is still the wrong thing. So we ended it. It hurt. Oh mandope, it hurt a lot. But time does heal all wounds [but leaves scars :(], cause I still know that I can call him when I need him. He still knows that he can call me when he needs me. We still have that open communication. He introduces me to the girls he dates. And he never once called me his "ex-girlfriend" but his best friend. We never know until we try; maybe it might work out in the future, coz our timing was off, maybe it won't and we are bound to be "best friends." I am happy with our friendship right now.

Life got busy and I hadn't talked to him for a while. We have been playing phone tag for what seemed like forever [we live in different time zones now]. But he called me last night as I was getting ready for bed. And we talked about everything. He has a girlfriend now. He's really happy. And I'm happy for him. I'm happy that I still have this amazing guy in my life that I can call my best friend. It was such a pleasant surprise to hear his voice and talk to him again. I will always have feelings for him, coz I dated him...But I will appreciate and never take for granted our friendship that we have, coz in this case, we tried, it didn't work out...and it didn't ruin our friendship.

"The right thing at the wrong time is still the wrong thing. The wrong thing at the right time is definitely the wrong thing. The wrong thing at the wrong time, we won't even go there. BUT the right thing at the right time will always be the right thing."