Thursday, January 6, 2011

Risk.

I just got off the phone with a really good friend of mine and I've realized several things while I was on the phone with him 1) long distance sucks...2) life has its own sense of humor...and 3) real friends tell you the truth...the honest-it-can-hurt-you truth. Not some sugar-coated BS.

Long distance does suck...but what is life without any risks? I took a risk moving out of my "comfort zone" to make myself another "comfort zone" and I am not turning back. I love it here...and I call this place my home. But I have found out long ago that no matter where I go in the world I will miss someone. That is a given.

Sometimes I try to prepare myself from all the pain and hurt it takes from missing someone and try NOT to make friends...but where is the fun in that. Friends come and friends go, and you take what you get. I can honestly say that every person that I have met in my life has had some kind of impact on me. Whether it was good, bad, inspirational, or what--they had an impact on my life. And I will always and forever appreciate that. I do wish that I had kept in touch more with some of the friends that I had back then...for some, it's already to late, and others, there's nothing better then the present; and I'm trying.

I'm always going to be "long distance" from someone; it's just a fact of life that I have to deal with. But like my friend reminded me, "Missing someone gets easier everyday. Because, even though it is one day further from the last time you saw each other, it is one day closer to the next time you will." I have to constantly remind myself, that if you care enough, you WILL find time to make time for someone...so to those of you that I miss, I will see you again.

Life has its own sense of humor. That one saying that goes..."If life throws lemons at you..." and you can fill in the blank with that one. But that is how life is, right?! It does throw lemons at you and it will always be a character builder. I realize that with everything that happens in life, it will either strengthen your character...or reveal a new one that you never knew you had! Like someone told me, if you pray for patience, you better be prepared to face the consequences! Because life will throw you ridiculous situations to help you develop the patience you so seek for. :) Life and it's humor...

Real friends tell you the truth...the honest-it-can-hurt-you truth. Not some sugar-coated BS. Please, just please tell me the real truth. That's all I ask and that is all that I will give. I do have a sweet tooth. Goodness, I have a sweet tooth. But seriously, I take my truth "black". No added sweetness necessary. Just tell me how it is or go away. I only want real people in my life. Not some "yes man" that only lives in a sugar-coated world.

Well, there is my two cents for the day! Off to work I go!

Risk: "When we meet someone and fall in love, we have a sense that the whole universe is on our side... And yet if something goes wrong, there is nothing left! How is it possible for the beauty that was there only minutes before to vanish so quickly? Life moves very fast. It rushes from heaven to hell in a matter of seconds." -The Alchemist [From Maria's Diary.]