Monday, January 31, 2011

The end of January.

So it's the last day of January, one and a half hours before midnight and I just want to recap everything that has happened this month that was worth remembering, at least to me.

http://pratt.mpls.k12.mn.us/uploads/teacher_print.jpg
Lets see, I got a new job. As a teacher's aid three minute walking distance from where I live. That was pretty amazing! I mean, I went in on Thursday for an interview, came back Friday for the second interview and then I started work on Monday. It was so fast! So fast that I didn't even have time to figure out what I was going to do with the whole wedding/event designing business that I was getting into.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net
Turns out that I didn't really have to do anything. I still work for Passion Roots, and I will continue to work for Passion Roots. But not as much as I did before. My boss for this job was encouraging me to find a preschool job anyways because she knew that I do have a passion for children and she wanted me to go for it, even if that meant that I wouldn't be helping her as much...which is totally fine with her, because she was the one who helped me start my own business of craft and floral work called imagineLOVE [yes, that is where I got the name of this blog!]. So on weekends and afterwork, I work as a craft/florist & designer for Passion Roots and during the days I work as a preschool teacher.

What more can I ask for?! I am blessed to be working in two fields that I love, child development and weddings/events.

http://www.sxc.hu
I started to get into swimming more. Sundays, I have a "class" that I go to...and "class" is in quotation marks because it's not a real class. It's more like my friend who is a triath-a-lon-ist thingy said that he would teach me the proper way to swim. So I have been meeting with him and some other people at Lanikai Beach and learning the "proper" way to swim. It's more complicated then I thought! I think I can float on my back for hours though. But I wouldn't coz I would probably doze off and drift away in the ocean!!! I wouldn't want that to happen!
www.caloriesinpizza.com

I also started writing down what I eat. And the calories. What a pain that is! The guy who is helping me learn the proper way to swim is helping me in this area as well. I need to start losing weight, not that I'm overweight, but I think I can do better with my eating habits. But what a pain to count every single calorie! It's way too much! But I know that in the end it will be worth it.

I took a first aid/ CPR class and I am certified to save a life if need be! I hope it doesn't come to that! I would in a heartbeat though, but I just hope that everyone stays safe and that there would be no saving of anyone! *laughs*

I started going to church more. I even bought a devotional book for myself and that has NEVER happened before! It's a first for me! But I realized that if Jesus didn't give up on me when He couldn't, the least I could do is not give up on Him...and I read this quote on facebook, it's "I rather have the LORD and find out He doesn't exist than not have Him and find out He does. That won't be the business."

http://blogs.voices.com
I am in the singing committee for the church. Oh, that was a hard one. I still don't want to commit. But if it happens it happens. I love to sing. And God did give me this talent to sing, so sing I will. But it's been SO complicated! And I have been in the out's with God for a long time so I don't even know the songs, so it's a good thing that I'm a fast learner!


www.rothemcollection.com
On the top of my head FOUR of my really good friends got engaged this month! FOUR of them! I'm super happy for them...I am super duper happy for  them! This year is going to be a very tiring, trying, fun, memorable, stressful, happy year for those friends. I wish them the best in the planning of their special day, but wow! For of them got engaged! [Chris, Deem0, Meng, Jen]

I went hiking at Kahana Bay! [Which totally reminds me! I wanted to do a blog about it! I guess I will have to after this one, even though I was planning to have this one be the last one for this month! Oh well. *laughs*] That was an experience!! It was super muddy and a lot of mosquitos! The trail sometimes disappeared and I have to river wade two times and cross the scariest bridge I ever had to cross. Lets juss say my shoes are just a mudball right now* laughs*

Well, that about sums it all up! That I can think of at least. I can't believe that this month is already over! It was a good start of the year and I hope the rest of the months are full of fun and memories as well!!

www.vbatc.com
"January is the quietest month in the garden.... But just because it looks quiet doesn't mean that nothing is happening. The soil, open to the sky, absorbs the pure rainfall while microorganisms convert tilled-under fodder into usable nutrients for the next crop of plants. The feasting earthworms tunnel along, aerating the soil and preparing it to welcome the seeds and bare roots to come."-Rosalie Muller Wright, Editor of Sunset Magazine, 1/99