Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Birchbox March 2014: Spring Forward.

Look what finally arrived in my mailbox! I hope that it's doesn't always take this forever to receive my Birchbox! That was just too forever! I was tracking my box, and it was sent out on March 10...however I received it more than 2 weeks later! With my first box it wasn't this forever. But oh well, I was still pretty happy to see it waiting for me at my study desk! I wasn't able to open it right away, because I had to go to my (Event Designing) job...but I now have time to open it and explore the goodies that it holds!

If you would like to subscribe to your very own Birchbox, click here. It's $10/month. It's like a surprise every month...:)


So, last month I think that it came in a red box for Valentines day...so this month it came in it's original colored box which is pink...totally fine with me! Pink is my favorite color (go ahead roll your eyes...I'm a girlie-girl! :))


As always, there is a box inside a box. I need to find something to do with the boxes I get so that I can upcycle the boxes that I get! I don't want my room to be over run with all these boxes! :) But there is the box when I first opened it. The information card with a note from Birchbox's staff. A sweet touch.


This month's theme is Spring Forward because of the daylight savings time. Although, here in Hawaii we do not have daylight savings time...I guess since this is based on the mainland, that's okay. But lets see what goodies I have this time around!


I like how on the other side of the note from Birchbox is a information card where it tells you tips on how to use the products that you got and the price of the full-size items. Handy, yeah?!


So, here is what I saw (I did arrange it for better picture! Duh! It did NOT look like this when I first opened it! *laughs*). Can't say I was too happy about it...at first sight I though...where is the make up samples?! But it's all good...at second glance I saw that these are some things that I wouldn't mind trying.


I'm not too hot on these kind of samples. They are one time use...and I'm not sure that I can tell if it is working on not on only one try. But I did see that on my information card it only mentions the Control Corrective: Healing Lotion. Which I probably use on my hands the next time I paint my nails. I like to a full manicure...and buttering up you hands with hand lotion is part of my process, and I might just use this lotion sample instead of what I usually use. I'm not sure if I was suppose to get the Control Corrective: Bead Cleanser or not...because there was no mention of it on the card...so that's a cool surprise! I'll try it tonight instead of my usually cleanser...see if I feel a difference. :)


I can always use sunscreen! I mean, hello! I live here in Hawaii...like I said, I can always use sunscreen! In fact, my sister just informed me that she wants to have a BBQ at the beach this Saturday, so I might just throw this in my beach bag and bring it along. 

I was just telling Amanda (my housemate) that as long as it's not dye or anything with harmful chemicals, I don't mind experimenting with different things on my hair! My hair is naturally dark brown with natural highlights, super silky, and long...! Many times people can not tell if I did something or used something different on my hair...but I can! So I will try this shampoo and see if it makes a difference in my hair. I'm pretty sure that this is a sample size...but it's big enough that I probably can have a few go's with it!


I really do like exfoliating anything so I can't wait to try Vasanti's BrightenUp! exfoliating cleanser! I think that I would like the Rescue Balm All-Purpose Skin Salve, but I think that I'll give it to my sister. She has been having trouble with dry hands (she likes to bake a lot and it makes her hands dry), so I think that she will get the best use of it...and if she really likes it, then maybe I can some for her for birthday next month! :)

Overall, I think that even though I was disappointed when I first opened my box, I'm excited to try everything in my box (aside from the Rescue Balm, which I will give to my sister...but she might like it!) Thank you, Birchbox! I can't wait until my next box! Hopefully it' won't take as long...I'm not very good a waiting. :)

"Love your parents. We are so busy growing up, we often forget they are also growing old."-anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment