Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Chocolate gummy bears.

Today was a struggle. But I made it...let me just take the time right now to say that I really appreciate my friends. I love them so much...and I absolutely appreciate them in my life. Friends and family gets me through the tough times. And I love them. So much.

So, everyone (at least everyone who is close to me that is!) knows that I have a huge HUGE sweet tooth. I am a chocolate lover...however, it is a very close toss up between chocolate and GUMMY candy! Oh my goodness I simple adore gummy candy...but I can't live without my chocolate either!

A couple days ago a new co-worker of mine found out that I had a huge love for gummy candy that she brought in a 5 pound bag of gummy bears and worms...she is sooo sweet! She really is...I hope that she stays with us for a long time. She is a keeper, that's for sure...and it's not only because she brought me gummy candy...but because inside and out Nohea is a beautiful person. She really does go the "extra mile" for people...whether she knows you very well, or if she just met you. She said that she saw that I was having a hard week...and if a the "few dollars spent buying gummy candy" can make me smile...then why not. Like is said, she goes the extra mile to make those around her smile. She has a beautiful soul. True story.

Anyway, during nap time one time I had filled a cup of gummy bears and was eating them when my other co-worker, Nicole was saying that she was shocked that I wasn't snacking on M&M's (and then she followed up with "I guess it's gummy time though for you...last week was M&M's"...oh she cracks me up!)...and then my friend, Ashley was like "why don't you just eat chocolate covered gummy bears?"

Ew. Really?! Ew.

I know that I've seen them before. Like at the theaters...I always buy M&M's for the movie...but I've seen them sell the chocolate covered gummies...but I don't think that I would like them very well. Ashley was trying to convince me to try them...I can't knock them until I try them, right?! Well...look what she brought me today!


And there you have it, folks...Chocolate Gummi Bears. I tried it...the first one she said that I had to just chew the whole thing. I did. Did I like it?! It was decent. I did NOT like the texture in my mouth though. And I have to say that together...chocolate and gummy...I'm not sure I really like it! But when I ended up doing was sucking all the chocolate off...YUMMY!...and then eating the gummy bear...YUMMY! Now, that I liked. So, I guess I got the best of two worlds, right?!

So the end verdict?! I like them. Separately...but I like them. I'm not to sure I would go out and buy them...but if they were the only candy left in the world, I wouldn't die. :) 

"On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100% and that's pretty good."-anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment