Monday, September 1, 2014

For you Aubrey.

Rabbit! Rabbit! Well, actually my brother got me first. :) But I know that I'm going to need all the luck and prayers and positive vibes this month. I am excited. I am sad. I am filled with emotion...so what do I go and do?! I paint my nails. :) Painting my nails is like my therapy. I have no problem admitting that I am a girlie-girl and I love my nails done.

Right before I left one of my former keiki [wow, why did my heart just twist something awful when I just said that?!] gave me a huge hug...looked at my nails and told me that she wanted butterflies. She is one that sees to see if I painted my nails...EVERY DAY. She also loves to have her nails painted and she always runs to show me, and she knows that my favorite color is pink, so she is always excited to show me her pink nails. And she loves it when my nails are done in something she suggests. Her favorite thing she likes to tell me is rainbow and/or butterflies. And so these nails are for her. Plus, it's good because...butterflies represent change...and most definitely this is a change this moment in my life. 




I think that "my" lil Aubrey would love these. I need to make a point to stop by the school one day this week to show her. She would love them. I can only hope that my new kids will like my nails as well...well, they don't have too, it's more like mine and my former keikis thing anyways...but I wouldn't mind if they liked my nails too. But these nails are for my former keikis, for new beginnings, for change, for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment