I am actually glad that I don't have school tomorrow. Since it's a holiday [Labor Day], I wouldn't have school to observe this day no matter where I worked. But I am glad that I don't have school so that I can just have a day of no thinking of school, heartbreak, or being the "new" teacher.
Today a lot of emotions are flowing through me. I don't think that it has fully hit me that I will not be going back to "my" keikis but to new keikis. I would like to think that I have a huge heart and that I have room to love all the children...literally...all children. *laughs* I mean, like I said, a lot of emotions are flowing through me and I am started to feel more excited about this new adventure that I am about to go on.
Today actually marks my 4th year anniversary of living here. Mine and my brothers. It's hard to believe that I've been living here for four years already! When I look back through the years that I've been here, I have not found that I regret moving here. Homesick, most definitely, but no regret in moving here. In the years that I've been here, I've met so many people that I can not imagine my life without. I have done things that I never thought that I would ever have the guts to do. And I believe that it has pushed my sister and brothers closer...and look at that! I'm even going to be gaining a sister! I already have my baby niece (whoops! She is most definitely NOT a baby anymore!), and another one is on his way!
I was talking to my friends here and we have agreed that once I've lived here for 7 years, I guess I can consider myself a local already! *laughs* They said that when I am drunk I sound like one already...I don't think so though because I can not whatsoever speak pidgin! *laughs* But I do have a lot of local friends that I absolutely love and adore and I am so glad that are in my life. We have lots of fun and there is no way in the world that I would forget them even if I did decide to move someday.
Well, I am just waiting for my DollGirl to wake up, and her daddy come home because we want to go to the beach and chill there for a bit. That is something that I will NEVER get tired of! I love how no matter where you go, the beach will never be more than 30 minutes away! From my house it's only like a minute walk...and from my sisters house just less than 2 miles away. Beach hopping is pretty common here. *laughs*
I was talking to my parents...but they wanted to take a nap. They wake up at crazy hours! But it is SO good to have them home again. I need to find time to hang out with them...just me and them. I miss them. I know that there are times where I get frustrated with all their [what it seems like] lectures about my lifestyle...but for the most part, I know that they just want to be near me and just talk to me again. I missed them something fierce when they where gone...so I am happy they are here.
I can hear DollGirl putting away her toys, blanket, and pillow now and so I need to wrap this up. One of the many things that my keikis gave me when I left was flowers...plenty, plenty flowers...and being who I am, I "processed" them right away when I got them...and the white roses opened so beautifully! I would even go to say that I would use them in my arrangement! *laughs* Flowers...they always can make me feel better.
Today a lot of emotions are flowing through me. I don't think that it has fully hit me that I will not be going back to "my" keikis but to new keikis. I would like to think that I have a huge heart and that I have room to love all the children...literally...all children. *laughs* I mean, like I said, a lot of emotions are flowing through me and I am started to feel more excited about this new adventure that I am about to go on.
Today actually marks my 4th year anniversary of living here. Mine and my brothers. It's hard to believe that I've been living here for four years already! When I look back through the years that I've been here, I have not found that I regret moving here. Homesick, most definitely, but no regret in moving here. In the years that I've been here, I've met so many people that I can not imagine my life without. I have done things that I never thought that I would ever have the guts to do. And I believe that it has pushed my sister and brothers closer...and look at that! I'm even going to be gaining a sister! I already have my baby niece (whoops! She is most definitely NOT a baby anymore!), and another one is on his way!
I was talking to my friends here and we have agreed that once I've lived here for 7 years, I guess I can consider myself a local already! *laughs* They said that when I am drunk I sound like one already...I don't think so though because I can not whatsoever speak pidgin! *laughs* But I do have a lot of local friends that I absolutely love and adore and I am so glad that are in my life. We have lots of fun and there is no way in the world that I would forget them even if I did decide to move someday.
Well, I am just waiting for my DollGirl to wake up, and her daddy come home because we want to go to the beach and chill there for a bit. That is something that I will NEVER get tired of! I love how no matter where you go, the beach will never be more than 30 minutes away! From my house it's only like a minute walk...and from my sisters house just less than 2 miles away. Beach hopping is pretty common here. *laughs*
I was talking to my parents...but they wanted to take a nap. They wake up at crazy hours! But it is SO good to have them home again. I need to find time to hang out with them...just me and them. I miss them. I know that there are times where I get frustrated with all their [what it seems like] lectures about my lifestyle...but for the most part, I know that they just want to be near me and just talk to me again. I missed them something fierce when they where gone...so I am happy they are here.
I can hear DollGirl putting away her toys, blanket, and pillow now and so I need to wrap this up. One of the many things that my keikis gave me when I left was flowers...plenty, plenty flowers...and being who I am, I "processed" them right away when I got them...and the white roses opened so beautifully! I would even go to say that I would use them in my arrangement! *laughs* Flowers...they always can make me feel better.

No comments:
Post a Comment