Today I forced myself to stay home and study. I got so much accomplish school-wise, so that is good. But my goodness...my butt hurts from sitting down! Before I call it a night, I wanted to write about this yummy thing that I made today! :)
So I was really craving cinnamon rolls...so I went to Safeway to grab some pre-made, pop in the oven right away cinnamon rolls. But when I got home I remembered that I didn't like the way the store bought, ready-to-make rolls were super dry and not very tasty, so I wanted to try something different to make the cinnamon rolls taste even better.
So I was really craving cinnamon rolls...so I went to Safeway to grab some pre-made, pop in the oven right away cinnamon rolls. But when I got home I remembered that I didn't like the way the store bought, ready-to-make rolls were super dry and not very tasty, so I wanted to try something different to make the cinnamon rolls taste even better.
I but the rolls up to bite size pieces and mixed it up with a large apple cut up in tiny pieces. Since I do love the taste of apple cinnamon. Then because I didn't like how dry it tasted last time, I made a sauce to spread around the roll dough/apple. I melted about 2 tablespoons of butter and mixed in about 1/3 cup of brown sugar and then added 2 spoonfuls of corn syrup. Then I added even more cinnamon to the mix. Then I poured that over that concoction over the apples and dough.
Oh yeah, I forgot to say, but I had preheated the oven to 355 degrees. So about the time that the oven was ready is how long that it took me to make the dish thingy. I made sure that the dough was coated in the gooey yummy smelling sauce thingy. Then I popped it in the oven and set the timer for 21 minutes. By the time 10 minutes passed the kitchen was smelling so yummy!
After the 21 minutes was up, I took it out and let it cool for a bit...I was disappointed because it looked pretty dry still...and I thought that maybe if ever I would make this again I would add more sauce...then I saw that there was still sauce on the bottom, so after I let it cool just a little bit, I took a spatula and lifted the sides up and then turned it over on a plate.
Oh, mandope! Now it look more moist! *laughs* I took the cream frosting that came with the cinnamon rolls and warmed it up and drizzled it over the cake thingy...and it was super yummy! It wasn't dry at all...and I would have to say that it was a success. :)
Here, enjoy it one last time. Or at least until I make it again. :)
Well, I have to call it a night now because Jackie is still sick so I have to go in for her...and she starts work at 5:45am...so yeah. At least I can leave work early. :)
"It's always nice to have someone in your life who can make you smile even when they're not around."-anonymous





No comments:
Post a Comment