Well, it is day two of Teacher Appreciation week...and today was stationary and note cards...and I was not disappointed with the cute cards and papers that I got. I did leave most of them as school so that I can use them there...but I did bring the two gorgeous note card packs that I got from my keikis home.
Also pictured is the cute quote with pen and goodie from my boss. I rarely see her anymore since it was announced 2 months prior that she was going to a different school to be the director there...I miss her...I know that she will do well where ever she ends up...I'll just miss the friendship that we had. It hasn't been all roses and candy with her...but I know that she will always try to go the extra mile if she can...and I can honestly say that I will miss her.
Also pictured is the cute quote with pen and goodie from my boss. I rarely see her anymore since it was announced 2 months prior that she was going to a different school to be the director there...I miss her...I know that she will do well where ever she ends up...I'll just miss the friendship that we had. It hasn't been all roses and candy with her...but I know that she will always try to go the extra mile if she can...and I can honestly say that I will miss her.
I appreciate all my keikis. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have this opportunity to be their teacher...and I absolutely love being apart of their amazing lives. Yes, we have our ups and downs every day...but I wouldn't trade it for anything.
And I so agree with this quote. It really does take a big heart to help shape little minds. Not saying that if you do have a big heart...you have the patience and understanding to be around little minds...but it really does take a huge heart to be able to be around this little "monsters" every day with out throwing the towel in. I love them so much and I am so proud to be a teacher.
So, before I took down all my artwork from last month to make room for
all the artwork that we will be doing this month (I have been behind is
things this month! I haven't found the time until today to take
everything down and I already have plenty of things to put up! *laughs*
And it's only the 6th of this month!)...I took some pictures of the
things that we did!
Our topic for this month was Spring time and Things That Grow...and so here is a flower that we did and some seeds that we grew. Well, not those seeds that we documented! But they were from the same packet that we used! But we planted beans, carrots, radishes, broccoli, and cantaloupe and they grew SOOOO fast that I ended up having them bring him home earlier than I wanted too! I wasn't able to take a picture of their own little garden they made...but they had fun doing that.
The flower was a spin art that they did. They love doing that activity...and then I just posted up as a flower because flowers grow! I had a lot of fun doing that art project!
(I adore my classroom boarders! My room is definitely a "bully-free zone" and I tell them that all the time...so they know it!)
We did some Easter artwork...collages...and paintings. I love the paintings because I had them paint their interpretation of how they saw their garden as it grew! They loved that a lot! Well, my keiki love painting all around...so it wasn't that difficult for them to fall in love with that project! *laughs*
I had my keiki cut/rip/tear their own "grass"...and glue it on the paper and then we made hand print flowers. And then we measured their height, arm span, foot, and hand...I wrote it on a laminated flower and then the yarn is the length of how tall they are! It was a fun activity to do with the kids. Unfortunately, as you can see, I had a little one pull the yarn off of three of my "flowers"...but it's okay, I saved it and put it in the respected child's art folder. :)
These are just other projects and art work that we did. We have fun in my class and I love being with my keikis. :)
I am going to try to take pictures of the artwork that we do each month...but we'll see how long I can remember to do that! :)
"It's not our job to toughen our children up to face a cruel and heartless world. It's our job to raise children who will make the world a little less cruel and heartless."--L. R. Knost






No comments:
Post a Comment