I just got out of the shower...and I thought that I was going to take a nap, but actually, I feel good. I haven't run in such a long time. Well, I take that back, I have run...but not proper run. I woke up at 6:00AM to get ready to run. I made sure the charge my nano iPod, because I find it hard to exercise without music. Well, actually, I have a hard time getting through my day without music...but I hate running and music is a good distraction.
See, just looking at the fun socks that I bought yesterday makes me happy. Yes, it's the little things that make me smile. :)
So, here I am ready to go. I decided to just run the Lanikai Loop, which is just two miles long and shouldn't take too long for me to run. It was as lot harder than I thought to go back into running...but I have decided to do it...and so I will. I have confident that I can...and I did. I thought that I was going to stop...but then the different things that was going through my mind were things like:
--Just. One. More. Step.
--You're not tired! Your body is...but not your mind.
--You've ran 8 miles straight before...you can do just 2!
--Hurry! You have things to do!
--The end is just around the corner.
--Just keep going.
--Your feet do NOT hurt.
...and things like that. Part of me was laughing at myself, and another part of me was trying to block out everything. And most definitely, the music helped a lot.
Before I start to do my school related things that I need to get done, I made myself some yummies to consume. I made a smoothie made out of acai, strawberries, bananas, a handful of granola, honey, and Matcha powder. And it was yummy as anything! And then my pot of Irish Breakfast with honey. It was a good start of a day. And now to get my day rolling...
"She who leaves a trail of glitter is never forgotten."-anonymous



No comments:
Post a Comment