Sunday, May 29, 2011

Hibiscus 1/2 Marathon.

So early this morning, my brother [with my sister going to support] left the house at 4.am with Uncle Rod to run the Hibiscus 1/2 Marathon. I know, I should have gone to support him too...but that's okay, coz my younger brother and I went later at 7.30am...just in time to see Uncle Rod pass the finish line!

The run was at the place where we go swimming every Sunday...so that was good, what was NOT good was the parking! If we were only 2 minutes earlier...we would have been there to see Kuya Neal pass the finish line, but it's okay...but I'm so proud of him...can you imagine!? MORE THAN twelve miles at 5 in the morning...yeah, seems a lot...!! But he's been training and was running 16 miles before the race.

I really appreciate Tracy and Kaleo in my life because without them, I don't think I'd be into exercising as much. Well, no, I take that back, I might be...but with no motivation. *laughs* They are so encouraging and motivating! And even though they are FAST FAST FAST...they are so patient! Always waiting for us when we are running...well, namely me. *laughs*

But I'm not that much into running. I'm more into swimming...and even with that, Kaleo is so patient and encouraging. I can't believe how far out I swim in the ocean now...or how far and long! I remember swimming like 30 feet or so back and forth and being super tired after like doing that only ONCE! *laughs* Now I can swim more than a mile at one time and believe it or not, I like swimming deep and far into the ocean rather than by the shore. *laughs* Coral scare me! Not to mention the shadows they create...yeah, I'm still a slow-ishy swimming...and there is no way I can out swim some scary sea monster! *laughs*

But I hope that my bro-in-law continues to run now that this race is over! Hey the full marathon is in November! I remember going to it to support Uncle Rod and Jade who were running in it...and I was so motivated watching all the people run! Super old people...and people with disabilities...and look at me, I'm healthy, yet still I don't...but like I said, I'm more into swimming and I would rather race a swim meet than run. But it's good to know that with the right mind set and good people to encourage me I can do it too! *laughs*

Well, congratulations to Kuya Neal, Uncle Rod, Kaleo, and Tracy for finishing this race...time to train for the next one! :)

The winners!! I'm so proud of all of you!! Yay!!


My sister who went early with K.Neal took this starting shot like at 5 in the morning...pretty cool looking!

You can get so hungry after a race...*laughs* Oh Ciccio...

"The whole idea of motivation is a trap. Forget motivation. Just do it. Exercise, lose weight, test your blood sugar, or whatever. Do it without motivation. And then, guess what? After you start doing the thing, that's when the motivation comes and makes it easy for you to keep on doing it."-John C. Maxwell

No comments:

Post a Comment