I have learned in life...that not everything goes your way and that many things will make you made...so I have learned to take the small things that make me smile and hold them near my heart. My lil DollGirl has only been in my life a little more than a year...but she gets me through. I just got home and I miss my lil DollGirl already....she makes me laugh; she makes me smile; she makes me love working with kids. It's hard sometimes being a preschool teacher....so many different temperaments that I have to work with and sometimes it can get overwhelming...most times it's the adults that I have to work with that makes things hard...but you know...knowing that one day a teacher is going to teach my lil DollGirl makes me want to be the teacher that I want her to have. She is my heart.
This morning she woke me up and she had this huge smile on her face...I could only see her smile because her hair was all over her eyes...but she is such a cuddle bug in the morning...and she is so happy. She found my phone was she was cracking me up because she looked so serious with it...I locked it so that she couldn't accidentally call someone...but she was still looking like she knew what she as doing!
Big things are fun...surprises, a new something or another...but it's the small things that makes life worth living. There is something about children that makes me smile. No matter how bad my day begins...I know that the moment that step into work, my lil keiki's will bombard me with "Aunty, you came back to me!" "Aunty! I was waiting for you!" "Aunty this, Aunty that...." I love holding their hand...I love their hugs...I love the excitement on their faces when they discover something new. I love the way they love so unconditionally, the way they forgive and forget...they way they give you a tissue when you sneeze or they see someone crying...I just love them. They may be small...but to me, they are a big part of my life. Whether they are my lil DollGirl or my little "Autobots" [What I call my lil keiki since our theme is Robots this year! *laughs*]...I love them all.
So, I know that this week already will be a crazy week. I have so much to do before Thursday rolls around. I have to get everything done by Thursday because I don't want to worry about anything while I am on the mainland...so I will remember the "small" things that make me smile...the "small" things that get me through with life. So here goes...happy new week!
No comments:
Post a Comment