Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Open House

It was Open House at my preschool today. I am so glad that it's over...but let me tell you, this is a pretty emotion week for me so far. I get this way whenever I think of "home" and since I just came back from "home" on Monday....I'm getting all nostalgic. I know that I haven't had time to write about the wedding of my beautiful friend...so let me just do a fast recap of my wonderful weekend.

First off, when I finally landed in California...I was tired to the max! I hadn't had ANY sleep, since I did stay up on Wednesday just to pack my stuff since I left right when I got home...Aunty Goldie was able to pick us up and I was really happy that Amanda was able to come with us...but every second was jam packed with something to do...places to go. It was too short of a vacation...and it was very hard to leave this time around...

But I am very happy for my dear friends Joelly and Bryan...their wedding was beautiful...it was filled with happy moments and laughter....I had a lot of fun. I talked to my childhood bestfriend again...and it was just really good to catch up. California is my past...but it will always be apart of me.

I'm seriously sad that I'm not as close to everyone as I was before...but that is what time does...it separates you in a way that nothing else can. But I guess I was stupid to tell myself those many years ago that I wanted a clean change...because the past is what made me who I am today...and friends come and go...and that is what it is. It was good to see my past friends again.

My "bestie" now is still in California...and "Mar, I miss you so much!" It was really good to see her again...I think that her and my cousin (Presmarie) and her daughter is who I keep in touch with on at least a weekly basis...and my Aunties will call from time to time...but I feel as if the only tie that I have to the past are those 3 people. I am so glad that I have my sister and brothers with me...and now baby DollGirl...I am happy with them.

It was a wonderful thing to catch up and see those who I was once close with again though. They will always have a special part in my heart.

Coming back to school on Tuesday though was tough...because I just wanted time to myself to recharge myself again...but I had to get back to work...and so I had to sludge through it...and then today...open house...what chaoticness it was!

I miss my keikis whenever I am gone...and it was amazing to see them again after being away from them for only what?! Four days!? *laughs* For a long time I was walking around with little ones hanging on me and afraid that I was going to go back to the "airport to ride the airplane" again. They tell my that they don't want me to go back to the "airport"....I love my keikis! :)

The theme of our open house was Finding Nemo...so before I had left for "home" I had made cardboard cut outs of the Finding Nemo characters.....I wish that I had taken pictures...but everything was such in a rush that I wasn't able too...but it was a fun night.  A lot of the keikis came in the Halloween costume. They were all so cute!

Hopefully all the chaoticness will die down now. Oh wait...there is Halloween first...candy...Ahhh! *laughs*

No comments:

Post a Comment