Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Great Aloha Run.

I did it! I have to admit that I thought that I wasn't going to make it...after the race. Seriously. After the race, I just wanted to lay down and go to sleep...but no, I had to walk really far to get my finishers shirt and then I had to walk around the millions of people to find everyone, but I am so proud of myself.

I can understand why people do races...it's such an adrenaline rush! All those people who run the race with me...struggling to finish makes me realize that I wasn't the only one who was trying to train for this 8 mile [plus some] race...and we all finished...well most all of us!

I did it in in 2 hours and 15 minutes...and I am so proud of myself because while I was training the fastest I could run it was in 2 hours and 30 minutes....So I knocked off a whole 15 minutes...I was so exhausted though. I thought that I would be sore and tired today, but I'm not that sore...still excited that I really did finish first running race! And I got me an awesome shirt in the end. *laughs*

Oh my goodness, I was so tired at the end of the race, I could barely smile for the pictures! I need to get over this thing I have with germs though. They all told me that the reason why I was so tired was because I didn't stop to drink...the whole 8 miles I never drank water...because! I didn't know those people who were giving me the water! Yeah, I don't do that...so, I have to figure out what I'm going to do when I do the marathon, because I can NOT go 26+ miles with out drinking that would really do me in! But yes, I am proud of myself...not to train for the marathon in December!! Yay!

My brother-in-law and I at the start and the finish! Thanks for motivating me!

Uncle Rod, Kuya Neal, Amanda, Allie, Deven, Me and Katy!! Before and after!

Yay girls! WE DID IT!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment