Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Don't forget to smile.

http://pinterest.com/pin/87468417732335259/
So, today was a VERY long day. Well, this week just seems like it's super dragging and I'm just like...can't this week be over already! Super stressful at work...since I'm suppose to be the "teacher" now...ugh...long story and I really need to catch everything up...but I'll do so one of these days. *laughs*

But anyways, I was walking home today...and when someone passes me, it's just me to smile and say hi or something. I think that it's rude to walk by someone and not acknowledge them...I mean, come on now...whats so hard about just saying a small hi or something...you know what that could mean to someone...so I do it...

Anyways, as I was saying, I was walking home today after work and I was thinking about how stressful my life was at this moment...I'm not complaining, just that I'm super tired because I haven't had a proper break in such a long time...and I was just wishing for a pause button in my life when this guy who was walking the opposite direction of stopped me and asked, Do I know you?! Why do you look so familiar?! I looked at him and I was like, oh, that's because I see you every morning and we smile hi to each other every morning...but I hadn't seen him that morning and I mentioned it. And he told me, that yeah, he was running late that morning and didn't have time to go walking/running that morning so he was doing so now...[it was around 5:25 pm].

Then he said [not his exact words, but something like] Promise me that you will never stop smiling. I replied with an uncertain okay...and he went on to explain...you're smile makes me have a good day because its just so happy. He then went on to say that he didn't know who I was, or what I was going through in life, but he admires the fact that every day I still can smile what seems like a genuine smile every morning. And he told me to never stop...he made me laugh because he asked me how much my smile was and I was like what?! He said, if I had a trillion dollars, it wouldn't be enough for one of my smiles.

See, things like that make me smile. Sometimes I could be having the shittiest of all shittiest days, but I still try really hard to smile at those around me because...sometimes when I'm down, I wish for someone to show me they care enough to smile at me...so I do that. I smile at people, because I don't know what is going in their life and if a simple smile can make them smile for a single second or at least remind them that someone cares enough to smile at them...then I will smile.

So smile...it can't hurt you...and you don't know what your smile can do. It can change a life.

http://pinterest.com/pin/87468417732348119/

No comments:

Post a Comment