Thursday, January 16, 2014

Sleepovers.

When was the last time that I had a sleepover...shoots!! I don't know...but guess what?! My friend is sleeping over tonight. We have a lot to catch up on. She works with me....but she turned out to be a good friend. And you know what? I'm glad that I have met her.

Everywhere that I have gone in this world, I have made some great friends...it just sucks so bad though because I am a wanderer...I have a hard time staying in one place for a lot period of time. So far I have lived her for about 3 years and 4 months...and I have only moved once since moving here...so that is good. But I can already feel my soul getting anxious....but of all place in a long time, this place is starting to feel like this can be home. Will I be here in the next 5 years?! I don't know...but I do know that the people that I have met here have become my family...or as they say here my hanai...and I am so glad that I moved here.

Duke. He came to school today and it was the first time that I saw him since it came out that his dad died for our country. Seeing him just brought tears to my eyes. I talked to his grandmother on the hone yesterday...and that in itself was hard...but seeing little Duke it was hard seeing the pain in his eyes.... Sometimes...well, a lot of times life can be unfair. He is only 5 years old...and he lost his dad. I can only imagine how hard it is to comprehend that his dad isn't going to come back. And to know that he will be having a baby sister soon...my heart goes out to him, Mekena (mom), and (unborn) baby sister. They are in my prayers. No one should have to go through that...losing a parent at such a young age. No one should have to go through that...losing your husband. No one should have to go through that...losing a dad you will never get to know in person. I hope she grows up knowing that her dad was a hero. Oh okay, I need to change the subject now...because all this talk is bringing tears to my eyes.

 So my friend Jessica has introduced me to this song that I am currently loving! I have it on repeat at the moment. It's called Rude by MAGIC! Here check it out!

It's such a sad, but happy song. I love the chorus: "Why do you gotta be so rude, don't you know that I'm human to!" That is so right. What makes another human thinks they are more superior than another human. When it comes down to it...we are all human. No one, no rule, no anything gives another person the right to treat another person unfairly with judgement.

For crying out loud, it's your loss if you want to be close-minded.


No comments:

Post a Comment