When I use to teach the older three's-younger fours I use to sing a song with them every Friday..."It's Friday, It's Friday...OH! OH! It's Friday...lets shake, shake, shake and jump, jump, jump coz it's Friday! It's Friday! OH! OH! It's Friday!" and do a little dance with it. My kids loved it and they always would count the days until we can sing this little jingle. When I started teaching the 2 year olds...they could not yet grasp the fact that not every day was Fridays so they were wanting to sing this little song everyday. So I stopped singing it with them...just because. At least during circle time I had stopped singing this song.
Through out the day on Friday though, I would sing it a little and my former students who are still in the school would hear me and drop everything and do the little dance with me or sing it with me. But today, during our morning playground time, I was being super hyper with my kids...and this song came up. I hadn't sung it in awhile and I have all new little ones who have not heard it yet. I have this little guy, whom I like to call "handsome" (side story time: When he first started in my classroom two weeks ago, I asked him what his name was--of course I had already known his name. He replied..."I am handsome." When I turned to mom, she said that he had just gotten a haircut for his first day of school and the hair dresser had said that he was handsome with his new hair cut and since then he liked to smile and say, "I am handsome" Cute story, ya?! :))...now he is a fun character! It made me sad because I was "warned" about his "rascal behavior"...I keep those warnings in the back of my head...but I come to the child with a clean slate. I like him....he listens to me and he is SO much fun. He is THE FIRST keiki that I have ever had that when I say "Sing handsome!" He takes a deep breath and just starts singing. Anything. Makes no sense a lot of times...but he still does...and he does this with the biggest smile on his face. I love it! :)
But back to my story. I sang my little Friday song once...then moved on to a new song that the kids wanted me to sing. Thirty minutes later playground time was over so we were walking back to the classroom. So to keep my keiki focused, I asked them what song they wanted to sing as we walked back to class..."Handsome" looks me in the eye...marches down the pathway saying, "Come on Friends...It's Friday! It's Friday! OH! OH! It's Friday...." Oh my goodness! He made me laugh! I just love my keiki...they keep me happy. :)
After work I decided to make myself a fruit shake. My friend had gotten me kiwi...since she knew I LOVED kiwi...so today I made myself a strawberry, banana, kiwi shake with Acai.
It was a yummy combination and the kiwi made it that much better! Yeah to fresh fruit, friends, and keiki who make me laugh! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment