Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Memory Books

I try to tell myself that the only reason why we face hardships and heartbreak is to build character. Build character. What does that even mean?! I do make it a daily habit to choose happiness, but some days are a lot harder than some. But I'm still here, I'm still breathing, I can do this. But even strong people cry. And I don't think anything is wrong with that.

I am a firm believer that God doesn't give us anything that we can't handle...He always makes sure we have a way out. And for that, I am so grateful. After a particularly hard day at work, I decided to go on a cleaning spree...and I found things that I had put away...that I really needed to see.

When I moved out here, a few of my friends made "memory books" for me to look at whenever I felt lonely for home. I found them. I remember putting them "there" so that they can be at hands reach whenever I wanted to look at them. However, as time went by they got shoved to the back, things were placed on them...until now.

I keep them right on my night stand which is really a side coffee table, but I made into a night stand because I really liked it a lot...but I like how they have this place under it that you can place books and what not there...and these are there. I cleaned under there...and I found them...

I was looking at those three books...and they made me smile.
Such a gorgeous picture of me on the front cover, right?! :) NOT....but makes me laugh, coz I would take a picture like that. *laughs* But my childhood friend, Leah-girl, made this one for me. She had friends sign it and it holds pictures and just random things that I like in it. I miss this girl. We were once super close...and she is one of those friends that holds a special place in my heart. I had thought our lives would always be intertwined...but life had other plans. Don't get me wrong...I smile when I think of her and our crazy things that we use to do, talk about...and just our dreams that we were suppose to fulfill together...I miss her...but I'm pretty sure that she is really happy where she is in life right now. I have this little booklet that she made me and I know that no matter what, if/whenever I see her again...we can still have fun times. 

My "bestie" had thrown my brother and I a surprise party right before we moved out here to Hawai'i. This was the "guest book" that lots of our family and friends signed. I read it from time to time...and remember all the friends and family I left behind. A lot of them I haven't spoken since then...but some of them I saw last time I was in CA back in October 2013. I miss them. I miss her.

This album I have had the longest. This is the memory book that my cousin, Presmarie, gave me when I decided to go to school in the Philippines back in the year 2004. I don't even remember if she remembers that she gave it to me, but I count it one of my most special things that I own. Yes, I am pretty sentimental when it comes to things like this. She had put in letters that we had written to each other as far back as 1997!! Wow! We have grown a lot since then...and she is probably the single person that I still keep in touch with on a weekly basis since moving out here. I know that no matter what, she will always have my back and she will always, always be there for me. I love her...and miss her so much.

Thank you my friends and cousin....years after you gave me those "memory books", I really did need them.

Ones last book that I enjoy looking through from time to time is the book that my "bestie" gave me for my birthday the first year that I moved out here. She is someone that I know that I can talk to about anything with no judgement or anything. I love her and I miss her so much. (That seems like the most redundant thing that I've been saying on this post...but it's so true...!)

 There are a lot things that I like about this book. I love how Mar did her own personal touch to the book and wrote her thoughts and messages in it as well. So I can read her words as well as what the book says. It's such a personal and thoughtful present. She is an amazing, strong person. I miss her.

Before I go, let me share one of the pages that she personalized. My friend, all my friends...past and present friends and family. I miss you. I love you. And may you go with God. Take care.



No comments:

Post a Comment