The kids have been a bit roudy this week...nothing that I couldn't handle, but still super frustrating at times. Today though, I swear they all had straight up sugar for breakfast before coming in! *laughs* It wasn't only my class that was super hyper. I had to step out a few times and help with the other classes when their class became too much...a lot of the kids had gone on vacation...this being a long weekend, so it shouldn't have come as a surprise when the second in command [my boss also went on vacation] asked me if I wanted to go home early.
She then went on the say that she wanted to ask me first because she realized that I never asked to leave early or have days off; that I always offered to stay late and close, sometimes working 10 hour shifts, just so that the other could go home early [if an opportunity presents itself]. She said that I deserve a break give myself some relax time. Since a lot of the kids went on a long weekend vacation, there didn't have to be all the teachers there to watch the kids. So I went.
It was a relaxing day. I was suppose to go to the Y with my sister...but I haven't been able to get a car yet since mine was totaled in the accident, and my brother's car...well, he was fixing the break and changing the tires...and just doing the car check up on it...not knowing that I was going to come home early. He felt bad, but it was okay...I ended up cleaning the whole house, my room, and doing random projects that I had put aside, but now had time to do. I plan to go to the Y to sign up on Sunday...after I swim at the beach. So no worries there.
I love long weekends...but coming in on Tuesday will be a pain since the children will have to go get used to a schedule again. I guess the younger you are, the fast you forget "schedule." *laughs* oh well...they are all angels and I love them.
I ended my perfect, relaxing day with spring rolls from Saigon Noodle House [my older brother went out and got some for my sister and I]...and I caught up on Covert Affairs. Now, I'm here sipping my Honeyed Chai Tea...smiling because I love living here in "paradise".
![]() |
| vi.sualize.us |

No comments:
Post a Comment