I love Fridays! For many reasons..one, its the weekend and I have a weekend "break" [but then the weddings/events roll around most of the times...but sometimes not. :)] Two, its a blessing every week to remind me that God was SOOO smart to give us the weekend to recharge. Three,
Ohana Night with [duh...!!!]
my ohana. I love how I have found a family here to call my own. I am so happy to be here with my brothers and sister, but I love how I have "moms" and "dads" and "uncles" and "aunties" and "nieces" and "nephews" here. No one, and I mean no one can ever take the place of my family back in Cali...but it's good to have family here too.
Jade had baby Elijah last Sunday and so I got to see him for the first time today and even got to hold him....oh, he's
sooo tiny!! And Layla had her baby a month ago, but we haven't seen her or Joel since then...so I got to see baby Kaylee and hold her too. It's so amazing the difference of almost one week to almost one month! That's the age difference of Elijah and Kaylee. But
they are so cute. The older "grandies" were making me laugh by saying that it's "baby time" now...and Shilhi will be having
her baby sometime in February...so many babies! Yay! I love babies...but I still love my preschoolers. :) Here are some pictures of Ohana night...[I just got home!]
 |
| My sister holding baby Elijah, just barely 6 days old, while Kuya Neal watches. |
 |
| Liya and Isaiah playing with mommy/aunty's iphone |
 |
| My sister holding baby Elijah and Aunty Michele holding Baby Kaylee and talking to Mom, Layla. |
 |
| Another cute picture of my sister holding Baby Elijah. |
Today at work [preschool job], one of the little preschoolers was holding my hand when she came in. She was one of the original ones that I had when I first started working...but she had moved on to another classroom already...[in the morning, all the kids come up to the playground together until breakfast and then we all break up to difference classes]. Little "mama" is usually talk-a-tive and dancing around in the morning, but this morning Daddy told me that she was feeling sad because he had to go to the mainland again...so I was holding her hand and she would rest her head on my leg. Then I realize
she was kissing my hand every so often. We have a rule at school, Only hugs because kisses are for at home...[I personally, do not like that rule, because the little ones try to find ways to kiss us when we least expect it! *laughs*...But I never kiss them back, only hugs...I understand the importance and reason for the rule.]...so I reminded her of it. Then she looked up at me and she said, [something like]
"I know. But I'm sad and so I'm saving kisses for Daddy when he gets home again. You're saving them for me." Something like that...
oh my heart melted.
No comments:
Post a Comment