Monday, January 16, 2017

Ohana Time: BBQ yumminess!

SUPER last minute my sister texted me, "Can you bring chips and some kind of fruit salad?"...oh okay, what THAT about?! Did we have something planned. Oh yeah, THEY did and they forgot to tell me. So last minute they told me that they needed chips and fruit. I can't say that I was the happiest person on earth about the last minute plans because I had things that I needed to do! So, what they planned was that since today was a holiday they would get together at my brother's house for a BBQ.

I figured, fine, I'll stop by the store and grab some chips and fruit and stop by for a few minutes. WRONG!



I love where I live. I don't EVER want for granted where I live, but there is a down side to where I live. One way out...and one way in. So if there is an accident...it is FOREVER to get out. It usually takes me about 10 minutes to get to my brothers house, if that. So when I say that I was royally pissed off when it took me ONE AND HALF HOURS TO GET TO HIS HOUSE! Yeah, the whole time I was thinking...they tell me LAST minute that we had a BBQ party (they claimed that they forgot to include me in their plans and remembered last minute to tell me)...and because I love my family I decided to put my plans on hold to hang out of a few hours...and it takes me FOREVER to get there...and get this, by the time I get there, they tell me that it was only a short gathering and so within 30 minutes of being there, my sister leaves! What!? Yeah, I wasn't the happiest person on earth at the moment. I always love spending time with family...so I won't complain about that...i will say that, I am NOT a rigid person and I don't mind doing thing spontaneously, but today was not one of those days.

The company was good...(even though it was less than an hour) and the food was good. Boo to the traffic and not getting plans done.