1. "You will never be completely at home again, because part of your heart will always be elsewhere. That is the price you pay for the richness of loving and knowing people in more than one place."-anonymous
When I was younger, I traveled a lot. I love traveling, I still do, but I don't as much now. But one thing that I have always had a hard time with is saying goodbye. I hate goodbyes. They were always so hard for me because I couldn't just give some of me, I give my all when I call someone family. When I first moved here to Hawai'i, I purposely didn't make any friends because I didn't want to get close to someone, especially since I didn't know if I was going to stay here for that long. When I went to school abroad, I made so many wonderful friends that I've gotten super close with...and when It was time to say goodbye, it was hard. And it's hard now when I talk to them knowing that it will never be how it was before. But this quote hits home for me because if that saying goes, "home is where the heart is" and my heart is all over the place...then where is home?
2. "The older I get, the more I realize the value of privacy, of cultivating your circle and only letting certain people in. You can be open, honest, and real while still understanding not everyone deserves a seat at the table of your life." -WomenWorking(dot)com.
3. "Mean people don't bother me a bit. Mean people who disguise themselves as nice people bother me a whole lot." -article from Tara Ziegmont.
Fake people. Why?! Why be fake?! Why be someone you are not?! Mean people are backstabbers...and backstabbers bother me a lot. A whole lot.
4. "Even if we never talk again after this day, please remember that I am forever changed by who you are and what you meant to me."-anonymous
5. "You know? Yes, I changed. I'm not as nice as i used to be, because I don'tw ant to get used or walked over. I don't trust everyone and tell them my secrets, because behind every fake smile there's a backstabber. I distance myself from people because in the end they're only going to leave. I have changed because I have realized that I'm only the person I can depend on."-anonymous
I know I've changed. I know that as people grow older, they grow wiser and reality hits. Well, for most people this happens and yes, it has happen to me. I am sick of getting walked over, so I limit the people I call family/friends...because real family/friends won't do you like that. I am also broken from people leaving me, and I'm tired of running, so I just close myself. Don't get me wrong, I will always be nice, but I still through up those walls.
6. "Let me tell you this: if you meet a loner, no matter what they tell you, it's not because they enjoy solitude. It's because they have tried to blend into the world before, and people continue to disappoint them."-anonymous
I don't think I have to even explain this one. I will say this, there was one time in my life were people would call me an extrovert...but now I am more introverted. Read this quote; understand this quote; and you might understand me a little bit more.