Saturday, November 12, 2016

After the Pen: Nov. 06-Nov.12.



This week was emotionally and mentally draining for me. I don't think that it was any different than any other week...[well, election day was draining for me!]....but I think that this week I was feeling super high and super low and news after news kept hitting me, whether it was good or bad, it still kept hitting me left and right and I could barely get my foot settled on stable ground. I'm glad that I was able to have an extended stay at the beach earlier today. I did go to the beach nearly every day...even if it was just a few minutes, but yesterday I spend a good 4 hours just being on the beach and in the water...and it felt good.

As the years go by, I feel like the more that I'm alone the more content I am. Don't get me wrong, I may be more anti-social than I was when I was younger, but I still can be around people...and I will always be there for my friends when/if they need me...but I don't feel as if I, myself, can trust anyone as I wish I could. And for the most part, that's okay with me. I write a lot, and that helps plenty. But there are times where I just long for that listening ear that just listens, cares...and just is there. But I guess that's where the ocean comes in. I feel like at least, I have a place that I can go to where I can recharge and find the inner strength to continue going on.

I can't say that I'm sad that this week is gone...but I can say that I'm excited for the new week that will bring more adventures. :)