Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Ku.nev.in

I just prepared for two more cards to go out into the world. One is the postcard that I got from my first Pipsticks subscription. I had meant to send it off a long time ago, but then when I opened my planner while I was in school to see what I needed to get done, it had fallen out and I can't believe that I hadn't sent it off yet!



It will be going to my very own cousin back in California...I miss her a lot and I hope that she enjoys this surprise. I especially love the front of the card! "YOU are amazing." And she is an amazing, strong, and big-hearted person that I am so proud to call MY cousin. I really do like this Pipsticks subscription, and I encourage you, if you have a love of stickers, to also subscribe to Pipsticks! There are a few different plans that you can subscribe to. I had just talked to my cousin about planners and journals and how she loves to also decorate her planners/journals with stickers and so I think that she will like this subscription box. Plus, it's always good to have a reminder that "you are amazing!"



This postcard will be going to Victoria in Ukraine. She had a long list of the postcards that she wanted...and as I was going down the list, I had to admit that I was getting worried, because I didn't have any of the postcards that she wanted! But then near the end of her long, very specific, list she mentioned that she didn't mind receiving "greetings from..." cards. I have a few of those. "Aloha from..."...basically means the same as "Greetings from..." :) So I am so glad that I picked up this postcard the other day! Some of the VERY specific postcards that she asked for were: bicycles with flowers, banks with sweets, Rubik's Cube, A Fairy Alphabet by C.-M. Barker, photo of clover, pictures with tree (not a photo), whales (picture, not photo). I didn't really understand what she meant when she would say things like "picture, not photo"...I guess she really didn't want a photo, but she wanted a picture?! I don't know. I also had a hard time trying to figure out what to write on the back! I did tell her a bit about the things I do to de-stress (go to the beach, read, write, sing) since it's been stressful lately since school had started up again. But I said a prayer for her and I hope that she enjoys the postcard that I'm sending her tomorrow! Oh yeah, she did mention that she loves sweets and such so I purposely placed one of my "sweet" stamps on it...I mean, who doesn't like ice cream?! :)

cynefin: A Welsh word for a place where a being feels it ought to live. It is where nature around you feels right and welcoming. (pronounced ku-nev-in)