Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Cookies and Ice Cream.

The end of the month is here and I wanted to do something special for my keiki and so I asked my sister if she would make cookie dough for my classroom. Not just one flavor, but 3 flavors. I wanted them in dough form so that we can use the toaster oven to bake the cookies. I wanted them to experience them with all their senses and, no lie, I also wanted to eat the cookies! *laughs* But when my sister brought me the cookie dough, she didn't make only 3 flavors, but FOUR different flavors!


Chocolate chip, MINT chocolate chip, lemon, and coconut cookies! So, I had put all the dough together and had them smell the cookies and try to guess what the flavors where...and then we placed the cookies on the cookie sheet and put them in the toaster oven and we would check them and watch them bake. Each child got 1/4 of each cookie, I was NOT about to give the children all FOUR COOKIES...but they really liked the cookies...and of course, you couldn't have cookies without ice-cream. Well, you can, but where is the fun in that?!

So my friend had showed me a way to make ice-cream using only two ingredients, heavy whipping cream and sweetened condense milk. You mix those two ingredients together with a mixer, and add food coloring...and freeze it! Then you get some super yummy ice-cream!


I had some neon silicone snack container that I used to scoop some of the mixture in and then I let the children add the sprinkles and 3 chocolate chips each...and then we stuck in the freezer and had it for lunch. We were suppose to leave it in the freezer "overnight," but they were hard enough to eat 4 hours later for an after lunch snack. It was so ono and a lot of fun watching the children get excited about making their own treats!