Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Birchbox July 2016: My Morning Routine.

Birchbox is a beauty subscription box that is $10/month. I highly recommend you to subscribe to this box subscription if you would like to explained your experimentation of beauty care products. I have to say that since I have been subscribed to this box, it has not been all sugar and spice, but I have found plenty of new beautify care products that I've liked and added to my collection of things that I use. If you would like to subscribe to this box, please click here and enjoy! :)

I am sad to say that this will will be my box from Birchbox. I have been with them for over two years hoping that somehow, maybe that the shipping of their products can come here to Hawai'i. I love this subscription because it introduces me to facial care and make up products that I wouldn't have known about on my own. However, the only downside that I can say about this place is that since I live in Hawai'i, they are not allowed to ship certain products to me, even though they were able to ship it to me in my birchbox subscription. And the reason why I held out for so long with this subscription, was because I really liked them...and I was hopeful that one day they would be able to send me the products that I realized that I liked through the subscription. I didn't really see a point in continuing with them for as long as I lived in Hawai'i...and since I have learned to love this place, I had to cancel, and so I reluctantly decided to cancel my subscription. But I would still recommend this subscription. :)

So without further ado, here is the review of my last Birchbox subscription. (And yes, I am sorry that I haven't been keeping up with all the reviews this past year!)


I have to say that I am going to miss getting this little pink box in my mailbox! It's always fun to get a package after a long day of work. And it's a plus for me since my favorite color is pink! :)


I really do like how each time they send you a box, the box is always has a unique design to it! Not only that but they are really sturdy like boxes that you can use for other things! I like to bring these boxes to school and use them for different storage things. Very useful boxes. :)



So, this is what it looked like when I first opened my box. I am sad that they did do away with the brightly colored tissue paper, because I can always that again for whatever craft work, not they put a spongy black thingy that sheds little black things. But that's okay.


"Hello world Lets do this!-This month is about the things that get you up and at 'em. Fittingly, we're spotlighting the product our subscribers say they won't leave the house without: mascara. We hope your new mascara helps your ace the day a little more bright-eyed...."
 

I like how they have this card that tells you a bit about the things that you have in your box for the month. It's always helpful to know what the things are, because there have been time where I was wondering what something was.


This bright, silvery sample caught my attention first! It is the  Dr. Jart + Water Drop Hydrating Moisturizer. I really like using coconut oil and essential oils as my go-to daily moisturizer...however, I have to say that I really did like this moisturizer. It was really light and it didn't feel heavy at all...throughout the whole day.


This is the featured product in this month's box. And I have to say that I am in-love with this product. Smashbox Cosmetics X-Rated Macara. I love the brand Smashbox and nearly all it's products. I feel like this mascara does it all, thickens, lengthens, and magnifies your lashes. Rarely clumps and is one of my top favorite mascaras.



I tend to favor dark reds and bright reds when it comes to lip color and so this color, which was bright pink against my skin was a miss for me. Other than that, I liked the way that this felt on my lips and a little goes a LONG way. This is the LOC Ultra-Gloss Lip Pencil.


I'm not the biggest fan of perfume samples in my subscription, but every so often I do like the samples that I do get. This one is one of them...I put this one in my bag so that I can use it when ever I need something that smells light and "clean." Clean Air Eau de Parfum Spray.


Balance Me Radiance Face Mask. Everyone knows that I love face masks...but because I have used my share of face masks, I have realize that I have become a face mask snob. I'm not that bad though...just that I know what I want my face to feel like after I remove the mask...and I have to say that even though it was a different brand, I feel like this is a generic kind of mask. It did do it's job and I thoroughly enjoyed using it, but I wouldn't go out and get it. 

Well, that was the last sample that I got from my box this month. I am going to say that I am going to miss getting this subscription and getting introduced to new products...but hopefully one day I can resubscribe when they can ship to Hawai'i. But for now, goodbye Birchbox! It was amazing while it lasted! :)