Friday, April 15, 2016

Lemon Meringue Pie.

I am so glad for Friday. I have nothing planned this weekend and I am looking forward to actually being able to thoroughly clean my little corner and just get things done! I had things that I needed to get done at school and so I got home late and when I got home my amazing landlady texted me and told me that she got a pie at Safeway for thieir $5 Fridays...and when she told me that she had a Lemon Meringue Pie, I couldn't resist!



She gave me HALF of the pie...and she told me that when she saw it, she wanted to get it to share with me since she remembered that I love anything lemon. I love her; she is so sweet. As much as I love my tiny studio, I know one of the cementing reasons why I love my place is because my landlady is amazing.

She is SO thoughtful and she really watches out for me. I usually leave my porch light on in case I don't come home while there is still light out. And it can get really dark on my side of the house, so if forget to leave my light on, and she takes her cute, adorable dog out for a walk and see's that I'm not home yet, she will text me asking if I'll be coming home, and if so, should she turn on the side light on so that  I'll be able to see. When she makes goodies for whatever party she is going to, she always makes extra to give to me and she invites me over plenty times to have dinner with her or just to hang out. She went with me to see the Blue Angels air show when they came and my family didn't want to go with me. When I mentioned that I have a love for popcorn, she went out and bought me an air pop popcorn thingy...and she keeps an eye and ear out for the weather so that she can tell me what the weather would be like so that if it is going to be really windy, she can tell me to take my plants down so that they won't blow over. She also knows what the weather is like in the Philippines so that she asks me how my parents are when there is a bad storm. And when I went to California a few weeks ago, she jumped at the chance to watch my fish and water my plants for me while I was gone and she refused to receive any payment for it! She is so sweet and one of the most thoughtful persons ever! I'm glad that I met her and I will forever say that God was really watching out for me when  I was looking for a new place because there is no other place on the Windward side that I could afford...much less in Lanikai. I love where I live...and I love the people that surrounds me. :)

Day 13 of 30 Days of Gratitude.

Day #13: What abilities are you grateful for?

I am so glad that it's abilities with a plural form because I have no idea how I would be able to choose one! First and foremost, I am glad for ALL of my 5 senses and that I have them and that I can use all of them. I will never take that for granted! I am also grateful for my ability to be able to have patience when it comes to children. I know that that is a special gift because not everyone can do it. I am also grateful for the ability to appreciate music. I don't know how I can live with out it...music helps me live, I swear it's part of my bloodstream! :) I don't care if that doesn't even make sense! :) I want to say that I am also glad for my ability to be sensitive to body language and emotions. I won't say that I'm a pro at it, but I would like to say that I'm more sensitive to it than the average person. I also am grateful for my imaginative and creative ability. I believe that it makes me more aware of designs and color coordination (especially when it comes to flowers. :)) I know that there are a lot more, but for now, that is all that I can think of.