Sunday, April 3, 2016

Fresh, clean laundry.

I just finished making 20 pipe cleaner "flower" leis for the graduating class at my preschool. They are all so cute and so colorful!
 

I use to help make all different kinds of crafty leis for the previous school that I use to work with, and making the pipe cleaner "flower" leis were by far the easiest to make...with a lot of color! And the kids can keep them forever or recycle and give them away to a friend rather than give them real ones that will die and wilt the second you give it to them. Don't get me wrong though! I love flower leis (especially the ginger flower lei! They smell SOOO amazing!)

I had ordered the bright colored pipe cleaners on Amazon Smile right here. I ordered 4 packs since there was 100 pipe cleaners in one pack and I knew that I was going to use 18-20 pipe cleaners per lei, so it worked out well. Oh yeah, side note: When you order things from Amazon, you should order from smile.amazon.com which is the same as Amazon...BUT whenever you buy something, money will be donated to a charity of your choice at no cost to you. How cool is that?! If you want to know more about this, you can check it out here. And here I am assuming you shop at amazon all the time, like I do! *laughs* When you live on an island in the middle of the ocean, sometimes that is the cheapest and most convenient  way to go. :)


So, if you are looking to give someone a DIY flower lei, this is a fun way to do it. :) It does take some time to make them though, so I used the time that I was making these leis to catch up with the Netflix shows that I had wanted to watch! :) That way I didn't have to feel guilty for watching multiple episodes...after all, I am being productive at the same time! :)

So anyways, as I was surfing the net the other day, I found this list from textmyjournal.com and it was a list of Gratitude Journal Prompts! And so I decided that I wanted to do this journey of 30 days of Gratitude. Although, I know that they are journals prompts, I want to use it as a "Blog prompt"...I guess you can say, *laughs* that actually sounds really funny...just say it out loud! At least to me, it sounds...interesting! *laughs*...Oh well, so I will try my best to blog for the next 30 days about the 30 things that I am grateful for.

So without further ado...

Day #1: What smell are you grateful for today?

Hm...well, I can think of so many smells that I am grateful for...the smell of ocean air (I think that it's a given fact that I can say that anything that has to do with the ocean I am grateful for...well, not everything, but most everything!), the smell of chocolate (I had a piece of chocolate a few minutes ago...and you have got to admit that it's a wonderful smell!), the wonderful smell of Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte from Trader Joes (Yay! I was able to replenish my stock last week! :) Can you believe that don't have a Trader Joe's here in Hawai'i...say what?!?! I have a glorious cup of the amazing deliciousness in front of me right now!)...but for today I will say that I am grateful for the smell of...

fresh, clean laundry.

Seriously though, have you ever just took a deep breath of fresh, clean laundry?! It smells so homey and it fills you with all these comforting feelings. :) Unfortunately, I do not have a laundry machine or dryer...and so I do wash my clothes by hand, well, using this amazing invention. I guess that's where I say that it's good that I actually learned how to manually wash my clothes in the Philippines! It does save on water and on energy...however, it does take time. And there are many times where I just go to my sister's house and use their washing/drying machine when my week is way too busy to keep up with the washing. But I was able to wash my clothes today, and the smell of my clothes drip drying filled my tiny studio and it smelled refreshing. And it also filled me with accomplishment...I literally have to set aside at least 2 hours to do laundry and I can tell you that I can never take a washing/dryer machine for granted!

But yes, that is what I am grateful for today...the smell of fresh, clean laundry.