Thursday, April 7, 2016

Cookie Buttter and Ocean Waves.

When I go back to California to visit, I will always make it a point to go to Trader Joe's to stock up on my favorites. They so need to open a branch here on O'ahu! I know that it will be a big hit and I know that I'll always be going there to do my shopping! I am trying to make it a habit to eat breakfast every morning, but sometimes I'm just in a huge rush and I'm just barely running out the door before I forgot that shoots! I forgot to eat my breakfast! Today though, I wanted to have toast. So I toast my bread and I pull down my Cookie Butter (CHUNKY Cookie Butter!) so that I can use it as a spread when I realize that awwww man!!!! My jar is empty. And since I am not a morning person and my brain does not function at full speed until a few hours later, I had a moment of panic before remember that I had just recently restocked my cookie butter just two weeks ago! So I open my cupboard and right there in front of my row of cookie butter (hey! Don't hate! I don't know when I'll be going back to replenish my stock! :)) was a new Cookie Butter...at least to me it was new. The last time that I was there (which was in December) I don't remember seeing the Pumpkin Pie Spice flavor Cookie Butter. But this time around, I did. I wasn't too sure that I was going to like it, so UNFORTUNATELY I only got one jar. That was a mistake.

 

I have a new favorite! This Pumpkin Pie Spice Cookie Butter is soooooo ono! I honestly didn't know how I was going to feel about this one, I don't know why since I am one of those people who LOVE the flavor of Pumpkin Spice...and smell of it...oh my goodness....so divine!



With this spread on my toast, it was then I realized my mistake of only getting one jar. It's so good. So I know for a fact that I will be saving this and rationing it out for special occasions! I so wish that I knew about this earlier, I would have gotten 3 jars of these instead of only one! But oh well, at least I know.


 

But this definitely solidifies the fact that I really wish that they had a Trader Joes here. That would solve this problem, for sure. Or maybe it's its that they don't have one here...that way I won't ever take what I do have from Trader Joes for granted. I love all their tea (I am currently sipping on their Coconut Tea (with lemongrass and ginger) and it's super yummy! I always got their organic popcorn (since I LOVE popcorn and eat it nearly everyday!), I also love their Chai Latte (regular and pumpkin spice), and of course their famous Speculoos cookies...just to name a few. But oh my, my morning started off on a good foot with this amazing Cookie Butter! :)

And to close Day 5 of 30 Days of Gratitude.

Day #5: What sound are you grateful for today?

This one is a hard one. I am so grateful for my ability to hear. I love music and would not know what I would do if I were not able to hear music. I am grateful for the sound of music *sings The hills are aliiiiive....with the sound of muuuuuusic...ah ah ah ah...* I am grateful for the sound of my keiki's laughter, I am grateful for the sound of the filter, bubbling sound of my fish thanks, I am grateful for the calm sound of the wind rushing around on the leaves outside...but for today and every day, I would have to say that I am most grateful for the fact that I live SO close to the ocean to be able to say that I am grateful for the sound of the ocean.

The sound of the ocean sings many different tunes. But the one that I am currently talking about is the waves as they run and crash on the shore. It's such a calming and soothing sound and I love the fact that I don't need a sound machine to achieve this sound that I'm hearing now. I fall asleep to this sound and I wake up to this sound and I love it.

I am grateful for the sound of the ocean waves.