Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Classroom pet.

My keikis are sooo interested and curious about plants so we started a window sill garden. They love it and I love that they love it so much. They enjoy planting the seeds and get so excited when they some plants growing! As soon as our new playground gets finished, my boss has told me that we can start a school garden again, and we are going to transplant the plants there when they are big enough. One of the seeds that we "planted" is an avocado seed. If you can, you should try "planting" one. We just actually "plant" it in water...:) So basically, you get the seed and wash it off and then stick three tooth picks and try look to see where the bottom of the seed is and place that part in the a cup with water with the toothpicks holding it up. After a week or so, the seed will "crack" and then a week or so after that, a plant will grow straight out of the crack and it grows FAST! The only bummer is that it will take 6-7 years for it to fruit. But for now the kids can watch this one grow.

Today as we were looking to see if we needed to put more water in the cup, I saw that gained a new classroom "pet!"



You can barely see him in the picture, but right there where the plant is coming out of the crack in the seed, you can see our little friend, Mo'o (gecko). He's just chilling in there, and I think that he's pretty happy there. :)

 

You can kind of see him better here...and he looks like he has made himself a home. :)



I tried to go closer to take a picture, but he disappeared! :) But it was a cute thing to see, and my kids have claimed him as our honorary "classroom pet". :)

Day 10 of 30 Days of Gratitude.

Day #10: What taste are you grateful for today?

OoOoOooOo! I love food...but I have to say that I am pretty grateful for the taste of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream! I love ice cream...and my most favorite is Mint Chocolate chip! The best is from Baskin' Robin's...because they don't have chips, they have flakes of chocolate...and that is SUPER yummy! :)