Monday, October 6, 2014

Five Little Pumpkins

I am not quite sure who wrote the poem Five Little Pumpkins...but since we will be going to pumpkin patch this coming up Thursday, I thought it best to get the children thinking "pumpkins" and so I am in the process of teaching them this cute little finger play poem...and had them to a craft to go with it! The poem goes like this....

Five little pumpkins sitting on a gate,
The first one said, "Oh my, it's getting late!"
The second one said, "There are witches in the air!"
The third one said, "But I don't care!"
The fourth one said, "Lets run and run and run!"
The fifth one said, "I'm ready for some fun!"
OoOoO went the wind and OUT went the lights
And five little pumpkins rolled out of sight.




For craft time, I let the little ones make their own interpretation of the 5 little pumpkins on the gate. I am hoping to get their fine motor skills strengthen by allowing them to glow the pieces on themselves. Also, I let them glue and place the pieces wherever they wanted.


They had fun, and they actually were pretty good with the glueing! I only had to remind them a few times that they don't need to put too much glue...and they caught on pretty fast. :)


Overall, I am super proud of their work...and they are getting pretty excited about the Pumpkin Patch this coming up Thursday, and I have to admit...I'm pretty excited too! :)