Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Birthdays!

Today was a happy day. One of the little ones at my school had their birthday...and I have to say that this this little guy has got to be one of the most sweetest, curious, little one that I've had the privilege of getting to know! His mother is also a very sweet person...and parents like her make me smile. Her love for her child is so apparent and it really does show through her and his actions.


During lunch time she brought all the kids marshmallows that she decorated and she made it a point to let us know that it wasn't her idea but something that she found online. But still...the fact that she took the time to do that was pretty sweet. I do not know what it is like to be a mom...(and she has a newborn to boot!). One day, I hope to know what it's like to be a mom, but from what I hear, once you have a child, your time is not your own anymore...so any time a mom finds time to do something special for their child is just a sweet thing. 

Don't get me wrong, I understand that there are mom's that work a lot and have no time to spend quality time with their child...I do not judge them...but I do understand where they are coming from. But yes.



As the lil boy's mom was allowing the other children pick out their candied marshmallow, she handed all the teachers an envelope with a card in it.


It was a thank you card...but it was what was written inside that makes me smile.


"Miss Charity, Thank you for everything you do for me! You are so much fun and so nice! Please use this to help me celebrate my birthday."

How sweet is that?! They gave me a starbucks card to say thank you...and it really is a joy to have him in our school. A sweet boy with his sweet family. :)

When I got home, Mandy had planned for the family to go over to P.F. Changs to celebrate my brother's birthday. So we all headed over there awhile ago to eat dinner and treat my brother out. I ended up walking my lil DollGirl around while we were waiting for out food. When we came back, i saw that my sister had put this cute purple box at my seat.


As you can see, it is a lavender colored box. :) My sister and her hubby had just gotten back earlier today from Maui. They spent their 6th anniversary there...and they were fortunate enough to go to the lavender farm!

And so they were able to get me a vial of pure lavender oil! Remember how I said that I was going to try this lavender to see if i will help with him a my lack of sleep problem?! Well, my sister and brother-in-law were able to get me 100% pure lavender. LOVE IT!


"To feel calm and relaxed, place a dab of oil on temples or under the nose. For comfort from headaches, add a few drops of oil on a cool wash cloth and place on face. Highly antiseptic and anti-microbial, it can also be used on sunburn, cuts and insect bites." Pretty good to have around, right?! :)


Well, I have yet to try this little vial of lavender, but my sister super highly recommends it...so if you go to www.aklmaui.com you can check out all their products and just helpful tips of how to use it and it's really a good product to have around. SUPER highly recommend it.

I hope one day I get to make it out to this Lavender Farm in Maui. :)

Like I said, I have been looking for something to help me go to sleep or even just to relax (and trust me, I am a super hyper active type of person...so anything that can help me relax helps a lot!!!). I know that playing the piano and/or ukelele has helped me relax...but I am a firm believer that lavender oil helps me relax and I think at least that it is helping better to sleep at night.

Being a person that hates using any type of medicine or drug...I love this all natural product. I am so for it.

Oh yeah, and before the day ends, I want to say one more time: Happy birthday, "baby" brother. I love you! I love you! I love you! :)