Tuesday, September 30, 2014

It rained!

Wow, time has flown for me. This month has been filled with a lot of different feelings. I have been at my new job place for nearly a month now...and I have to say that I love it. I really love my new job. Don't get me wrong, I still miss my darling keikis from my previous school, but I have a big enough heart to fit in the new ones that have come into my life. And I do not say that lightly. I love each one of my kids at my new place...whether or not they are in my class. They are all such sweethearts...and I love them.

Since today is the last day of the month, I have made it into a habit to take down all the kids artwork that have decorated my classroom for the month and send them home so that by tomorrow, the new month, my classroom looks "new" and ready to put the next month's classwork up. I have to say that my room likes pretty bare and I can't wait to fill it up again with the kids art work. But before I took their art work down, I wanted to take pictures of some of their work.


This board turned out to be a happy looking board with all the bright colors! I kids loved looking at their work and pointing out their work to their parents and friends. 


This is my circle time place. I think that it still needs a lot of work and I have a few ideas that I want to do with this area...but it has come a long ways and I can have circle time the way that I like to. And I know that the children like what I've done to it...and they have fun learning about the letters of the week and the games that we do with the letters...they love flipping over the new days number and I just like how it's coming along.


This is a place that I want to improve more. I did not like how there was not a place where the children can practice their writing, so I made one. I think that it can have more work to it, but for now the children love to write and draw in their very own journals, they have fun writing new words that are added in the "practice words" basket...and they are getting better writing their own name along with their classmates names! One thing I love about this bunch of kids is that they LOVE to use their imagination! They love to draw pictures and tell me what to write for them as they tell story after story of the pictures that they drew!


And I just had to show you this! I finally got myself a much wanted laminator! This new school does not have a laminator, and I like to laminate a lot of my things...and so I splurged a little and bought this laminator from Ben Franklin's today! I love it...! It is SO easy to use and I love the final product that it "spits" out!

Guess what?! It rained today! And I loved it! Because I could finally use my windshield wipers! And I absolutely loved the SILENCE as it swept away the rain from my windshield...yes, just like it should...but it was SILENT! Not a sound...and I loved it! Simply loved it. *laughs*