Monday, January 13, 2014

Let It Go.

As I am sitting here listening to the music of the rain falling outside, I am transported to my younger years when my parents use to tell me about how they use to take a shower in the rain. Say what?! Really?! I remember living in California thinking that they must be CRAZY! Because when it rains, it's cold. So cold that you feel it in your bones and it's actually painful! Your muscles feel so clenched and the shivering is never ending. I remember being so miserable in the rain. So, how was it possible that you can actually take a shower in the rain?!

I have long, thick hair and so I was having trouble thinking about just wetting my hair enough to put shampoo in it and lather it up to a beehive of bubbles...much less rinsing all that out! But then I experienced it! I went to the Philippines and lo' and behold I was able to take a shower in the rain. It was fun...dancing and singing in the rain, taking a shower. It's raining super hard right now, I can't help but wonder if I can take a shower in this down fall.

Right now, I wish that I can just go outside and sit in my backyard in our lanai and just work out there. But the winds are blowing and so the rain is blowing every which way...and I don't want my papers to get wet...so it's all good. I would rather stay inside and stay dry. I do like how it can be warm and rain at the same time...and with the rain hitting my new shade covering thing that my brothers put up for me in the lanai...I don't think I'll be needing my sound machine tonight!

When Amanda was gone for her trip back home during Christmas, I really wanted to clean up my backyard, because it's a really nice backyard...small, but just big enough that I can go outside under my new awning thingy...and stay there for long periods of time! I love it! Don't get me wrong, I still adore going to the beach/park to study...but whenever I feel "lazy" and just don't want to take those few steps to the beach...I love how I can just go to my backyard and work there! I still am able to get the internet, I can be close enough to have my pot of tea next to me with unlimited refills! If I forget something, I can just step inside...instead of quickly running home. I like it. I have awesome brothers that did that for me, I didn't even ask...they knew I wanted it, so they took the time to do it for me. I love them.

I love my family. So much. I don't even want to think about life without them. I love them. But for now, I must go to sleep while it's still raining...tonight, I get the real deal. Reminds me home. Winter has finally arrived here in Hawai'i.

Before I go though, I need to say, I really want to see the movie Frozen. And I am SOOO loving the song "Let It Go" performed by Indina Menzel, so please take a few minutes to enjoy this music video. :)