Sunday, December 4, 2011

Christmas Tree & Housewarming Party.

Check out our beautiful Christmas tree! Well done my brothers and sister! I ran my first 3 miles in a long time. Literally run. Non-stop...so I was super exhausted and they could not wake me to decorate the Christmas tree...oh well...I know for sure that I'll be filling up the bottom of the tree with presents! If I had unlimited funds of money...I love buying presents..I'm not to fond of wrapping the presents, but I love buying things for people! What do you think of our beautiful Christmas tree?!


It was a wonderful success! I had so much fun...! I'm so glad that Amanda didn't get upset that we had "broken" into her backyard to fix things up...! *laughs* That would have been NOT good if her neighbors were wondering what we were doing and call the cops on us! *laughs!* 

Brandy [Amanda's co-worker] was the one who was able to get her way for a time by asking her to go to the school with her [Amanda's a teacher] to do some school related whatevers...and so that gave us some time to go to her house and decorate...we decorated her backyard in a lot of Christmas lights and cleaned her chairs so we had somewhere to sit...we took some sidewalk chalk and made a dance floor...and waited. My wonderful sister did a lot of the cooking and baking...along with other's who brought other awesome tasting food.

My sister made the yummy cookies...Allie made the Oahu fruit tray and the traditional jello for the housewarming!

Oh! This bread was AMAZING! My sister found it on PINTEREST! And did her own version of it...and oh my goodness...it was amazing good!!
Lots of yummy food...we're just waiting for Amanda to arrive!
We we finally get the phone call that Amanda was about to arrive...we quieted down and started playing "her" song...the Cha Cha Slide song...long FUNNY story! *laughs* and I think we surprised her! *laughs* We had left a note on her doorstep and told her to come out back and go to the dance floor...and she did...and a few of us did the Cha Cha Slide dance with her. It was a lot of fun.

The company was a lot of fun. The food was amazing good! The games kept us laughing non-stop...oh goodness...[The Psychiatrist is the funniest game EVER!!!]. We all found out that since Amanda had moved her she literally only had ONE fork...only one of anything...can you imagine cooking with the limited utensils?! Oh goodness! *laughs* So it was fun watching her open her housewarming presents. 

I know what it's like to be away from home, away from everything you were comfortable with and from everyone you know. I know what it's like to step in a place were you know no one and you don't understand that different culture and way of life in the new place. It's a horrible feeling of homelessness. I hope Amanda starts feeling at home here. I love it here...and I think that Amanda is a great friend. I'm glad that I met everyone. And I'm glad that her party was a success.