Friday, May 20, 2011

Yay.

Today was a good day! I knew it! I couldn't have had three "bad" days in a row... I wouldn't allow myself too! I got out of work early and as I walked out of the gate throwing my "peace out, yo'" to the other two teachers my little ones who were still waiting for their parents to pick them up came running up to me.

I always have to remind them "no kisses...they are only for mommy and daddy [and brother and sister] only huggies". I have a great job. I love and I never will regret choosing this job. Since I have the two year olds, I usually have to repeat things over and over again and again, and yes, that can get frustrating, but it's amazing how smart those little ones are. Today is the last day of having a "normal" day with my little ones. Monday will start a very chaotic week.

Graduation will be next Thursday and we are having a Rock n' Roll theme, and it's crazy preparing for this graduation. On top of that, a new 2-year old teacher will be starting on Monday. Nicole and I will be helping her for her first day, then I will move to the 3-year old while Nicole helps the new teacher take over...then I will go back to the 2-year old room for the summer classes helping the new teacher. Then on the 31st...most of the little ones will be moving to the next class. Nicole will start teaching the older 3/younger 4 year olds and I will join her in August...but for the summer I will be helping the new teacher.

So yes, today is the last day of "normal" school day for the little ones before they have a new schedule and a new teacher to get used too. I'm going to miss them, but I am proud of them. And I am super glad today was a much better day.

Well, I need to get ready now. I'm going to join some friends for BBQ at Ala Moana, Magic Island to watch the friday fireworks and just to wind down from a really long week.

"Sunday clears away the rust of the whole week."-Joseph Addison