Sunday, May 8, 2011

Friday.

Last week SOOO long and so tiring. I don't know...for some reason, I just felt tired all week long. No, I didn't sleep late...and I didn't have to work late either. But when Friday rolled around, boy was I glad. I could finally have MY weekend to relax and just catch up on...what?! I don't know...sleep?! But I was sleeping good at night...maybe I just needed a relaxed moment to catch up from all the "hectic life" *laughs*

I was so happy that I didn't have to work late last Friday. I went home and flopped on my bed and was knocked out when my brother wakes me up..."Ate Faith needs help bringing things up"...and so I get my ass up and help her...the first thing I noticed was flowers. A lot of flowers. I love flowers...and wow, there were a lot of flowers.

So, Friday nights are family nights and we go spend it at our Ohana's house. I love this family. They took us in and call us family since we don't really have family here in Hawaii...but we do now. We usually go there at 6:30pm or so and stay there until late just talking and catching up on our week and sharing. I love them. And they are my family. But when my sister asked me, "Che, can you make at least 15 flower bouquets for mother's day?!" I was rethinking whether or not I should go to family night. I knew the flowers would take at least two hours to process...and then FIFTEEN!! flower bouquets! [Or, as many as I can make with all the flowers.]...My goodness, I know that there were weddings where I had to stay up until 2 in the morning and I only had to make like 5 bouquets...well, plus other floral arrangements and decorations...but I had help! I work in a team!






But oh okay...Mother's day. Fine, I'll do it. I did end up going to Family Night though...and we did stay there until like 10:pm-ishy...and I did stay up until 3:am making 17 flower bouquets. I was too tired to ribbon them though, like serious, I was going crossed-eyed and I was hoping that they were turning out okay. I made them all unique...all different from each other.  I ended up waking up 3 hours later [that would be 6:am] to do the ribbons on each bouquet and help my sister make Mother's Day sugar cookies.






I didn't go to church with them, but as I was going to drag my body exhausted body to bed, I looked at the mountain of dishes that I had to do...and I couldn't just leave it. So I did the dishes and knocked out right after.


To all the mother's out there, I appreciate you. To my mommy: I love you and miss you with everything that I am. I can't wait to see you again...and I love you. *hugs*

An older pic of my mom and I...I sure do miss her lots.

"God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers."-Jewish Proverb