Thursday, May 19, 2011

Best Aunty.

http://www.actorsplayhouse.org/images/alexander_2011.jpg
So, I really did think positive starting out the day. I really did tell myself the whole day that today was going to be a better day. But when I left work today, I left feeling that things didn't go well. Maybe it's because graduation is next week and how "we" have "seniorities" the little ones have "Kindergarten-itis" or something...and they don't know how to handle it. *laughs* I don't know...maybe I'm just grabbing at something to explain these last two days.

I'm not super down about it...I mean, everyone has "those days"...you know those days that you just don't to get up in the morning...because you just don't want to feel like it's going to be a positive kind of day. Or one of those days where everything doesn't go as planned...just so that you can realize that you do have it good most days until one of those days come rolling around...

I honestly think though that no matter how bad of a day I have...I'm working with children, I know that something will make me smile...kids are just like that. They make you want to pull your hair out...but in the next breath you heart is melting because of something they do. At one particular time in the day when I was getting frustrated because my two-year olds were "making bad choices" and both Nicole and I were struggling to keep our voices laced with love, one of my little bumblebee's came up to me where I was sitting on the floor trying to calm the kids down [I swear they are high on sugar or something] and threw himself at me...at first I was going to yell at him because although I have fun "wrestling" with little ones, I don't do that when I'm a teacher at school...when I'm babysitting or at a ohana gathering or something, ya...but not as a teacher. It's really hard though because these 2-year olds always want to do that and I am forever having to push them back and hold them down and explain to them that we "don't do that in school." But before I can scold my little one, I realize that he had thrown himself on me in a huge child-like hug. I hugged him back and said, "Awww C******....I'm not having a very good day." He replied back, "Why? I'm having a good day...you're the best Aunty." *laughs* I soon was in the middle of a hug-bun of all my little ones saying that "your're the best Aunty."

I won't be 100% pessimistic, but today was a pretty bad day. Sprinkled with rare smiles and laughter...but yes, I do believe that tomorrow will be a new start, a new day, a new chance to make it all better.

"Every day may not be good, but there's something good on every day." -Author Unknown