Sunday, May 15, 2011

Ben Does Life.

So, my friend showed me this really inspirational blog that I think I will start to follow. The first thing that caught my eye on this blog is this poem he wrote and I would like to share it with you...



We run.

We run because we have to.
We run to go fast, and we run to go far.
We run to break the tape; we run just to finish.
We run for fun when no one’s around.
We run to get inverted V muscles above our kneecaps.
We run to get the regular V above our hips.
We run to clear our mind.
We run because we’re mad.
We run because we’re ecstatic.
We run because now we know what it feels to nod at another runner. We understand them, and they, us.
We run to lose weight.
We run to keep it off.
We run to eat cupcakes.
We run to eat crabcakes.
We run to be lions.
We run when others won’t.
We run and sometimes we hate it.
But we run and we always love it.
We run up hills and we run through puddles.
We run because it’s poetic.
We run because it’s bad ass.
We run while people sleep and we run because it helps us sleep.
We run because runners have better sex.
We run because once we have that medal, you can’t take it away.
We run because some of you don’t think we can.
We run.
And we run together. 

Yeah, Ben wrote that poem...and it makes me laugh, makes me be inspired, makes me want to run...even thought I really don't like to run...but seriously, I think you should check out his blog, he has a blog on tumblr.com and you can find him at Ben Does Life. I think he's very inspirational and if he can do it...then I know that I can do it too. His introduction goes like this, "On Christmas Day, 2008, I made a promise to my grandmother to get a grip on my obesity, my depression, and my life. I've lost 120 pounds, run marathons, and finished an Ironman. Why not start from the beginning?" If that doesn't motivate you to check him out...I don't know will.