Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Volleyball.

http://fothermuckers.tumblr.com/
I love this thought. :)
So yesterday I had to work late again. But my friend has been trying to get me to play on her family's volleyball team for weeks now, and Mondays are always bad for me because because something always turns up, like having to work late or something. But yesterday, I was like screw this, I told Jess that I would go, even if I was a little late.

They start their games at 6:pm; I got out of work at 6:pm...so, yeah. I got home and yelled at my brother that I was going to the Waimanalo gym to play volleyball with my friend and her family and he decided to come along and so I threw on my gym clothes and off we went. They were only warming up when we got there still...so we were still good.

I did learn one thing though, I was super rusty! I hadn't really played volleyball for at least 2-3 years! Maybe even four! And I'm not in shape either...but that is going to change, yep it is! Coz I had a lot of fun and I want to keep going...if things don't keep popping up that prevents me from going.

My friend said that they were going to have a game again today, Tuesday, but I already know that I can't make it, because also at 6:pm, I have to be at a class for my work about Special Needs children. I work again today until 6:pm...so I'm going to have to be late for this class. It's so dumb. I don't know why my boss does that...she knows that I have to go to a class FOR WORK at six, but then she has me working until six. Makes no sense to me. I am glad though, because these classes can be all over the island...but this one is still in Kailua at another preschool. So I'm sure that I can get there in less than 15 minutes...[the cut time for class is 6:15pm] I might have to go straight from work though...no coming home first. Ugh...the class is for three hours! I guess no dinner for me! Oh well...I won't die.

Yesterday we had this little angel start preschool. She is 2 1/2...and she is the cutest ever. I know that I say that about all my little ones...but I can't help it...they are ALL cute! :) She doesn't talk though, I think when she gets comfortable enough she will talk. Anyways, during the last snack that was at 3.pm, she wouldn't eat. And we could figure out why. We realized that her mom still hand fed her [you can tell] but she still wouldn't eat if you would try do that. We had juice and animal crackers. Finally, I was like just drink your juice, coz it was a hot day today and you need to keep hydrated. She wouldn't. So I usually give the kids water if they won't drink their milk or juice. When I approached her with her cup of water she downed that thing like there was no tomorrow...and 3 more cupfuls afterwards. After that she ate all her cookies. She wouldn't touch her juice though. That poor darling was THIRSTY! The last time the kids had water was at 9.45am for their morning snack! For lunch, I wasn't in the room because we were short of staff that at times I would go to the other rooms to help out with more more rowdier older ones. So I would just pop in, and didn't realize that she had milk/juice. So I was thinking, was the last time she had water was 9.45am?! Oh my goodness, we were so used to the kids just drinking from the drinking fountain when they were thirsty. But this little girl is SO shy, she probably didn't do that. And she doesn't talk so we don't know what she is thinking, we can only guess. But I'm glad that I gave her water. And at least I know now for today. She'll be okay. I love my 2/3 year old class, they are so good. :)

Well, I gotta get ready for work now. Hope today is just as good as yesterday...I know it's going to be tiring...but it's good to have a busy day. :)

"Life is short; break the RULES, FORGIVE quickly, KISS slowly, LOVE truly, LAUGH uncontrollably, and NEVER REGRET anything that made you SMILE."