Monday, April 18, 2011

Toddler Birthdays.

Friday, April 15, 2008 two very special boys were born to two happy couples. Three years later I had the privilege to celebrate with them in my preschool classroom. What. A. Day.

I knew ahead of time that the other teacher wasn't going to be there. She had told me that she was going to take a day to spend with her baby daughter. Of all days, she had to choose April 15. It's okay. I got this. At least I hope that I had it! *laughs*

My main concern was how was I going to handle 13 individual toddlers, in a closed room, with my sub-aid, while it was raining outside that were high on sugar?! Yep, of all hot days last week, it chose to rain on April 15.

One little boy bought had just gotten back from Disneyland [all Hawaiian-born child, so it seems, sees Disneyland as the land of milk and honey.] So he brought in mickey mouse themed, home-made cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and spam masubi. The masubi was yummy and so were the funfetti cupcakes, but it seemed that the frosting was double the size of the actual cupcake! He also brought in a lot of fun goodie-bags for everyone.

The other little boy brought a cupcake cake. No, that was not a mistake, it was a cupcake cake...at least 24 cupcakes standing together and three inches of pure icing gluing all the little cupcakes together.

It had to rain...so right after they ate their first batch of cupcakes, they had all this sugar bouncing around inside of them, they had to confined in the room. I did a lot of action songs with them...lots of marching, jumping, energy consuming action songs. We barely got though art, because they were unable to sit still. And all this from the first set of cupcakes...which I had scraped off as much icing as I could.

It had to rain the second time too after they ate their second batch of cupcakes, but at least that was for the last snack period right before they were suppose to go up to the playground to wait for their parents to pick them up. They didn't get to go up, they had to stay in the room again...music again and just fun exercises for them to do...[act out the life cycle of a butterfly, jump like a frog, a bunny, a kangaroo...ect.]

But all in all, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I couldn't be upset with them for the extra energy they had...but it sure was a Friday that's for sure!!!

To my two little cutenesses...happy birthday! I can't wait to see what life has planned out for you! *hugs*

http://www.houseofcakesdubai.com
"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them." -Walt Disney