Monday, April 18, 2011

Military Dad.

I know I haven't been posting as much as I should, but I will update everything soon. But I had to write this  moment now, before I forget. I don't want to forget. I have this little sweetheart that I call my "ballerina girl." Everyday, she tells me that she dreams to be a ballerina and she twirls and dances for me, and she loves to show me her "new move" and she makes me smile.

Last Thursday, I was standing next to the gate to make sure that the children wouldn't run out when then see their parents instead of waiting for them to come up the hill to get them. I had a crowd of children surrounding me, and my little ballerina girl was holding my finger twirling round and round...like a ballerina. I saw her mom walking up to the gate with another person. I nodded hello to the mom, and told ballerina girl, sweetie your mom is here.

The reason I have to stand next to the gate is because the children get so excited to see their parents drive up and park that they run out to meet them. We don't want that. Also, a lot of them like to get the clipboards for their parents/guardians to sign them out. My little ballerina girl is no different. When I told her that her mom was here, she quickly stopped her twirling and looked for her mom, when her face lit up. "DADDY!" She was too excited to even hold the clipboard that I handed her because she was just jumping up and down, "Daddy! Daddy! Daddy! You came back! You came back!! Look Aunty Chartee, my daddy! He's my daddy! My daddy is back."

Not only did my heart smile, but I felt tears flood my eyes. Good thing I had my sunglasses on. By the time her parents were up on the "hill" I was able to get ahold of myself. The mom explained to me that the little girl's dad is in the military and just came back from being deported. He had been gone for several months, and he had wanted to come pick up his daughter from preschool.

I had to look away for several seconds when he picked her up and hugged her...after a few moments, she brought him all over the playground introducing her "daddy" to everyone. All the kids that gathered around, all the teachers...and she twirled. That happy, little girl twirled and twirled for her daddy.

I have great respect for all those military men and women fighting for our country. I thank them and appreciate everything they do for me. They don't have to do it, but they do...and they don't even know me. Maybe they are not fighting specifically with me in mind, but they are as a general thing...and I admire, respect, and thank you.

http://blog.usnavyseals.com/uploads/military-family5.jpg
"No greater love than this, that you should lay down your life for someone such as me; I'd spend a lifetime wondering why the beauty of heaven is here in my heart, and I know there can be, no greater love...than this."-Rachel Lampa, No Greater Love