Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I love Kailua.

Yesterday was a long day. Sunday...the day that I say that was given to me to do whatever I want that day. But it was taken away from me because my preschool that I work at volunteered to do the jumping houses for the I Love Kailua Town Party! And can we say HOT HOT HOT!?! Oh mandope!

So, every year the my preschool donate their time to do this festival...BUT no one really told me. I mean they told me about it, but I thought that it was IF you wanted it...but it wasn't...it wasn't that bad...but the fact that I didn't have a car to drive there, because my car is totaled. [Oh, yeah, did I mentioned that my car was TOTALED?!] Anyways, we were suppose to help out from 10:30am-1:30pm...the hottest time of the day.

I ended up walking there with my friend Jackie. It was a hot walk, but it was okay, because it was part of the route that I would jog anyways some days. It took us 30 minutes to walk there. And if you think I talk a lot...you need to meet Jackie...now SHE is a talker! *laughs* I realize that I'm pretty good at listening too...I do that a lot now-lately...you learn so much more.

I had the gladiator jumper...and I was doing that jump thingy with Nicole the other 2-year old teacher...and a LOT of kids were wanting to come inside to jump...dispite being super hot. I had a lot of fun inside the jumping house myself too...I felt like a kid all over again!

I met Nicole's kids...she has three with her youngest being nine months old...she is the cutest little thing ever! Made me miss "my" little girls back in Cali. I can't wait to see them again! But Nicole's baby she is sooooo happy, always smiling and laughing and cooing, and I got to hold her...I miss infants!! :)

I got to meet a lot of the parents from the other preschools and just meet a lot more people. Afterwards we walked around the place to check it out...there were a lot of booths, we even got this one guys card who could help us with wedding stuff. [There is this couple who wants to do the whole 1000 cranes origami thingy...and my sister has been searching for someone who could do that! And we found someone! Yay!]

It was a good day. Hot...but all in all, a day that I met a lot of people and make more friends. Yes, I was disappointed that I didn't get to go to Queen's park to do my running and swimming...but that's okay...I can always make up this week at Kailua Beach instead...maybe Lanikai...oh well, I'm surrounded by beaches, I can take my pick...but I do like Queen's park...oh well.
http://dguides.com/oahu/files/2011/04/19th-Annual-I-Love-Kailua-Town-Party-500.jpg
SOOOOOOOOO many people!!! From all over! Including ALASKA!!! That must have been a shock to them coz it was pretty hot that day!
http://www.alohaupdate.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/I-Love-Kailua-Festival.jpg
I love this town. It's such a family town and everyone is SO nice here! It's a great place to live, and I wouldn't mind raising my kids here...IF ever I decide to have kids! :)

"We are driven by five genetic needs: survival, love and belonging, power, freedom and FUN."- William Glasser