Saturday, April 23, 2011

Blessings.

I heard this song on the radio coming back from the beach; we had Easter Sabbath on the beach. I love singing to the radio...but I don't normally listen to Christian stations anymore, but my brother [who was driving] likes to listen to the Christian station on Saturday, so I respect that, since he is the one who was driving. And I knew some of the songs...but then two songs played, back to back from each other. The first song was Blessings By Laura Story. And as I was listening to words, it made me think about all the things that I went through.

I remember when I went to be a missionary for 6 months in the Philippines, they said that the hardships were building character...but no, listening to this song, yeah, it builds character [all I know is that I got bitter after the whole experience], but song talks about the things that we ask for in prayer...and "What if your blessings come through raindrops, what if your healing comes through tears, what if a thousand sleepless nights is what it takes to know You're near. What if trials like this are you mercies in disguise."

Yeah, I believe that God does answer all our prayers...but maybe not in the way that we expect it. Like I say, everything happens for a reason, and when you are experiencing the hardship and trials now, you can't see it, but looking back on life you can. I know that I'm having religion problems and doubts. I do have a spiritual life with Jesus, but when it comes to all the rules and regulations and laws of a religion, that is where I start having problems. But this song really made me think about my life and what I would ask God for in prayers. So, I want to share the song with you in hopes that it will touch you the way that it touched me.

"What if your blessings come through raindrops, what if your healing comes through tears, what if a thousand sleepless nights is what it takes to know You're near. What if trials like this are you mercies in disguise."-Laura Story, Blessings